Skyrim: multiplayer/co-op mod?

trollioslulzicus

I can actually imagine how epic skyrim multiplayer would be, yes i agree some mechanics of the very core of the game will have to be altered but that could be reasons to add things like trading systems (trading with your buddy your running around with) player waypoints, Playername above head, and many other cool ideas for features. It is very possible, maybe the past attempts have been looking at it the wrong way? more people need to band together to achieve this. Besides its not like the multiplayer mod has to overthrow the single player, maybe there is a way to make a whole new button on the menu screen that starts the multiplayer mode? Like as if having two skyrim versions in one game? I dont know what will happen, but we should at least try...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would take a dedicated time of experienced developers. You'd be adding multiplayer to an existing game that has absolutely NO support for it, while manipulating in-game code.

It's more time than many people are interested in putting in. :confused:

But modders has made an multiplayer for san andreas, is bethesda games really that complex?

There's only one glimmer of hope: this is a "new engine" and a the Creation Kit will be rather different, maybe, just maybe it will be powerful and capable enough that co-op or MP could be done...

I've been kinda out of the loop, but this thread on Bethsoft's New Vegas forum was the latest I have seen on multiplayer. Apparently there was some multiplayer capability that Obsidian didn't develop, but a few people reported some success and posted videos on that thread. I have no idea whether or not Skyrim can be modded in a similar manner.

if that is an serious project www.skyrimmp.com then i would like to help wherever i can and i have a friend, he will help too surely! pls report more of our plans.

how many guys are in your group?

any experiences with this?

Greets hellknight92

Edited by hellknight92

sorry for the double post and probably being offtopic here, but also imagine importing oblivion, morrowind, and the oblivion mods for elsweyr and hammerfell into skyrim... or you know what, somone should make skyrim online and have all the parts of the world open, everyone just imagine that...

Well the landmass for Morrorwind is already in Skyrim.

This would take a dedicated time of experienced developers. You'd be adding multiplayer to an existing game that has absolutely NO support for it, while manipulating in-game code.

It's more time than many people are interested in putting in. :confused:

But modders has made an multiplayer for san andreas, is bethesda games really that complex?

If I remember rightly GTA 3, VC and SA all had multiplayer stuff in there that wasn't used. There was some gamespy stuff in the GTA3.exe.