Comment Rep

pickinthebanjo

Hello, I have noticed that whenever I rep a comment on a mod page either +/- it will usually give the proper 1 point but when I rep comments for any of my mod pages it will give +/- 99 points. This has happened at least three seperate times and just a few moments ago it happened again. I wondered if anybody else has that problem or if it is just me, and I also wondered if there is some way to fix it.

As far as I understand it, that's deliberate. A combination of you being the author and a premium member, I believe. Well, at least, it happens to me too!

Yes, that is normal behaviour. It gives you as the author some influence on comments. One rep down from you is all it takes to hide a negative comment, unless 94 other people rep it up again. Same principal with positive reps.

You are free to use it, or not. If you feel strongly about a comment you have the option. If you don't feel strongly, let other people decide. *shrug*

Actually this also extends to Supporter Members, as well as Premium members.

It was introduced to enable mod and image authors the ability to hide or endorse comments they agree/disagree with.

Giving -99 is a sure way of getting them out of sight.

Giving +99 basically means you're giving the commenter the authors endorsement that we support that comment.

I completely love the system and it gives us the power to "moderate" of sorts our own content. Of course if there is someone there who breaks rules they can be reported and the comment and the commenter will have the appropriate action given.

Hope this clears things up.

Edit: ALSO, remember it is for OUR own content, we still only give +1 and -1 on other peoples content. :)

Edited by KDStudios