GNR Radio not playing music.

Pastulovic

I just finished the quest to fix the radio station dish, but I still don't get any music from GNR, all I ever hear is 3 dog talking about news, and then he says time for music than silence for a while (duration of the song, i believe) than he goes back to talking. Any ideas?

Pastulovic - Hello!

Do you have ffdShow installed? It's used by many video & audio programs.

If you do, go to your Start menu & find the ffdShow folder.

Within that open the Audio decoder configuration, in that select the DirectShow Control.

On the right you'll see "Don't use ffdShow", tick the box next to it.

Now click on the Edit button beside it, another window will open.

In the new window, if Fallout3.exe is not listed, click on add & navigate to where you've got Fallout installed & select the Fallout3.exe. Close all ffdShow by clicking on the OK.

Do the same for Video decoder configuration in the ffdShow folder.

Have you got AC3Filter installed? Again, lot of video, audio, burners, etc. use it.

If you have got AC3Filter, go to your Start Menu - All Programs & find it's folder.

Run AC3Filter Config in the Config window that comes up got to System.

In System look for "Default Audio renderer". That has two settings, Use "Direct Sound by default" & "Use Wave Out by default".

With my Creative card & Alchemy I have to use Direct Sound by default or else I get radio stutter.

If I don't use Alchemy I have to use "Use Wave Out by default".

Basically whichever one you see in use when you check it, change to the other setting & see if it fixes your problem.

In the same System window is a "Filter Merit" heading with two settings, "Prefer AC3Filter" &

Prefer other decoder".

Again, changing this can help. Note, to change that particular setting on Win7 you have to first right click on AC3Filter Config & "Run as administrator" to call it up or else it won't allow it to be changed.

Hope this helps!

Prensa