How do I remove 3 ghostly trees?

gary62

Explanation:

I've completed a mod. I change my game setting to "high" in order to take some

screenshots. And what should appear in the middle of my courtyard but the aforementioned

trees. They were not there in my "low" setting during gameplay but are now.

They do not appear in this location in the GECK - on ground, above ground, or below

ground.

What I did:

Checked the Fallout3 esm in GECK. The trees are there in that specific location.

I removed the 3 trees and created an esp "treeremoval.esp"

I tried my mod with this other esp checked. I still have the ghosts in "high" setting only.

Something else I tried.

I removed every single "treedead" (2 of the 3 are these) from the cell my mod is in and all

adjoining cells. Still have the ghosts!

I'm at my wit's end. Help please. I want people with higher end computers to be able

to use this mod without these three unsightly (and without collision) trees in the middle

of the courtyard. Thank you for reading and double blessings on your house if you can help.

ps. I also ran FO3Edit on this file for cleaning - created a master. Still have 'em.

Edited by gary62

Gary! Looking forward to your mod. (but you already know that)

Anyway, those "ghostly trees" are actually the LOD models of the trees, not the "normal" versions of them. Have you tried removing their LOD's as well?

Anyway, those "ghostly trees" are actually the LOD models of the trees, not the "normal" versions of them. Have you tried removing their LOD's as well?

Well hey, big guy! I'm sure what you say is true but I've no earthly idea how to go about that when they don't appear in the GECK. Any clues?

thanks.

Well hey, big guy! I'm sure what you say is true but I've no earthly idea how to go about that when they don't appear in the GECK. Any clues?

thanks.

I've dug on my own, BR, and it looks pretty grim. It's amazing that there are only three considering what I've changed. I may just conceal them with new ones. :)

I've dug on my own, BR, and it looks pretty grim. It's amazing that there are only three considering what I've changed. I may just conceal them with new ones. :)

Yeah, Couldn't find anything myself that might resolve it. Concealing them with new ones sounds good though. :thumbsup: