Block ability "block" spells.

brilliantinsanity

I was thinking using a shield should be able to mitigate some damage from spells. Got the idea from the skyrim trailer when he hides behind his shield to avoid the dragon fire. It would be something as seemingly simple as making your block skill increase your magicka resistance by X%. Granted I cannot mod and know nothing about modding so I don't know if it is easy at all, or even possible. Would love to see it happen though. Thoughts?

Something like Spell Deflection ?

The concept is nice, but it is causing several glitches on my end when it's running. I can't jump because I immediately land on something invisible right above the ground. When running the camera is extremely choppy as well. Game runs perfectly fine beforehand so it is definitely related to this mod being installed. Also didn't necessarily want the spells to be reflected back, just wanted them to be able to block(resist) them. Thanks for the reply though. Wish it had worked for me :\

Edit: Seems that the default key for blocking is my move forward key and the script is causing me to go into the deflection mode which is probably what is causing the jumping/movement issue. Have no idea how to make the script to only recognize my in game block key, because it does trigger when I press that button, but also when I use RMB.

Edit2: Yeah thats definitely the problem. I went in and used autorun(which doesn't trigger the script) and I can jump and move just fine with no camera hiccups, but as soon as I use RMB it messes up again. If anyone out there has the knowledge and would be kind enough to fix the script to not trigger on RMB, and only on whatever is bound to block, that would be awesome. :F

Edited by brilliantinsanity

You could try messaging the mod author ... it may well be easy to alter the trigger settings

A member on the comments for that said he had been able to get it fixed for him, so I asked him if he could get it done for me for my keybind and he said he is going to give it a shot, hopefully will hear back within a day or two. Thanks for pointing me to this :thumbsup: