Why are we in the middle-east?

draconix

13 members have voted

1. 1. Long poll description, read below for question.

• I understand it all easily
    • It's pretty clear but could be easier to understand
    • I had to try to understand it
    • It's pretty confusing, actually
    • wait... We're in the Middle-East?!

1. We have a major ally in the ME. Israel

We are there to bring freedom to the beleaguered people of the Middle East!

Israel isn't our major ally in the ME but our nuclear protégé, a child we still have to feed with milk and that is sometimes nice, sometimes nasty, born out of a Christian remorse that is deeply rooted in the dark history of the last two millennia, a history we have to amend, apparently by instinct. And we always keep an eye on our children, protect them, defend them against all odds ... and love them above all, for good parents have to. We are humans, aren't we?

What is freedom? The bee loves to be enslaved by her queen, the bear does not. Though both love honey. What is freedom for the one is slavery for the other, you see? It is just a matter of tradition, habit and expectation. And don't talk about Western understanding of freedom as the non plus ultra - don't even think of it. It is just one understanding among many, the understanding of a minority on this planet, a variant. The crusader mission has failed since long, we just have to accept the truth, to make peace with ourselves and our visionary claim to bring the unwanted to others and the wanted to us... by force.

Have a nice time ^^

Edited by DeTomaso

1. We have a major ally in the ME. Israel

We are there to bring freedom to the beleaguered people of the Middle East!

Israel isn't our major ally in the ME but our nuclear protégé, a child we still have to feed with milk and that is sometimes nice, sometimes nasty, born out of a Christian remorse that is deeply rooted in the dark history of the last two millennia, a history we have to amend, apparently by instinct. And we always keep an eye on our children, protect them, defend them against all odds ... and love them above all, for good parents have to. We are humans, aren't we?

What is freedom? The bee loves to be enslaved by her queen, the bear does not. Though both love honey. What is freedom for the one is slavery for the other, you see? It is just a matter of tradition, habit and expectation. And don't talk about Western understanding of freedom as the non plus ultra - don't even think of it. It is just one understanding among many, the understanding of a minority on this planet, a variant. The crusader mission has failed since long, we just have to accept the truth, to make peace with ourselves and our visionary claim to bring the unwanted to others and the wanted to us... by force.

Have a nice time ^^

You have never seen my posts before, have you? SARCASM alert! Look at my sig for starters...

You have never seen my posts before, have you? SARCASM alert! Look at my sig for starters...

Speaking of which...

Do you actually hate the state, or do you hate the Federal Government? Personally, I'm a fan of local governments, and think that Federal Government is completely overstepping it's bounds. Wasn't sure if you actually hated the state, or if it was more a matter of "state" rhyming better than "Federal Government," or if you even make the distinction?

Speaking of which...

Do you actually hate the state, or do you hate the Federal Government? Personally, I'm a fan of local governments, and think that Federal Government is completely overstepping it's bounds. Wasn't sure if you actually hated the state, or if it was more a matter of "state" rhyming better than "Federal Government," or if you even make the distinction?

Federal government; I like local.

That doesn't deal with my statement but with your self-understanding. I've expected a little more than this.

Nah, don't worry about it. As soon as you step into the next page here you'll start feeling better again.

Now I wondered how long it would be before someone dragged up the crusades. Why am I not surprised at who it was who did it? I'd steer clear of that one since you would be dragging this down the route of a banned religious debate and anyway, it has nothing to do with why we are there now.

We are there for the reasons that Grannywils said. One way of describing it in one word is PRAGMATISM. Hell I'd rather trust the Israelis than Bashir al Assad or Mad Mo Gadaffi anyway, and as for the Saudis, Marharth, I guess it is a lot easier to love them if you are a man than if you are a woman. I simply love how people rant about human rights abuse in Israel and keep their traps shut about what is going on in Saudi, where it is the norm.

Now I wondered how long it would be before someone dragged up the crusades. Why am I not surprised at who it was who did it? I'd steer clear of that one since you would be dragging this down the route of a banned religious debate and anyway, it has nothing to do with why we are there now.

We are there for the reasons that Grannywils said. One way of describing it in one word is PRAGMATISM. Hell I'd rather trust the Israelis than Bashir al Assad or Mad Mo Gadaffi anyway, and as for the Saudis, Marharth, I guess it is a lot easier to love them if you are a man than if you are a woman. I simply love how people rant about human rights abuse in Israel and keep their traps shut about what is going on in Saudi, where it is the norm.

Wasn't saying that Saudi Arabia is a good country, was saying they are a strong ally with the US government.