Can't install OBSE

zokker3000

hi nexusforum!

this is my first post in this forum, so i'm sorry if thats the wrong place for this thread.

my problem is that obse doesn't want to work. the obse version is 0020 so the latest stable version available

and only compatible with the oblivion version 1.2.0416 which i've installed too... meanwhile twice

i am using a non-steam oblivion version, don't have SI or knights of the nine installed.

when i follow the read-me (to copy the 3 files into the oblivion-file) i get this message when i try to start the obse_loader:

crc = EF00C656

You have an unknown version of Oblivion. Please check http://obse.silverlock.org to make sure you're using the latest version of OBSE, then send an email to the contact addresses listed in obse_readme.txt if this version is not supported in the latest release. (CRC = EF00C656)

checksum not found

i retried with the files from that link, installed the latest patch but it doesnt work =(

please help me if you can =)

yes i have..

omg isn't there any chance with the no-cd patch?

i just lend the game, it's not mine -.-

edit: or is there an obse version which includes a no-cd-add or something like that?

2. edit: if the 1. edit thing doenst work, can i download the original oblivion.exe somewhere to try with the cd

because, smart as i am, i deleted the original when i thought i dont need it anymore /=

Edited by zokker3000

The OBSE team has elected to not support anything except the legal out of the box version and the Steam version (steam actually worked with them on this) So for any other version you are SOL. They have consistently refused to do any other versions so don't bother to beg them as they have already said no.

If you want to use Oblivion with mods, I suggest getting your own legal copy. It's not that expensive now and Steam puts it on sale from time to time. If you are serious about mods, I recommend getting the GOTY (Game of the Year) version, or the steam GOTY Deluxe edition which comes with all of the DLCs.

And, we do not support pirates here so don't bother going that route.

ah okay

well thanks for your answer =)

i didnt realise you guys see that as piracy i mean i just downloaded a single file, took 5 secs :D

but i guess i'll just buy the original. do you know how expensive the GOTY edition from steam is?

thank you for your answer dude

I believe it's in the order of $20-$25 or thereabouts.

If you are using Windows Vista or 7, if you DO get the Steam version, read Bben46's guide HERE first, and uninstall what you already have then install the new version to someplace other than C:\Program files\Steam\Oblivion - we usually recommend C:\Games\Steam\Oblivion. If you get the disk-based version, the same applies - uninstall what you have and reinstall it in C:\Games\Oblivion.

i just lend the game, it's not mine -.-

i didnt realise you guys see that as piracy i mean i just downloaded a single file, took 5 secs :D

eh...let me get this straight. You borrowed a "friends" CD to install it on your PC and are trying to get a No-CD patch to work so you can (or did) give the CD back to your "friend"

You seriously don't think that is called pirating software?

How is that scenario any bit different that downloading Oblivion off a torrent site? Because that is what I think you did and you do not have access to an uncracked Oblivion...thus your dilemma.

Go buy the game and support the companies that allow us to mod the devil out of them and provide YOU endless hours of entertainment.

Until then, don't bother posting any more "help me" threads or I will take it upon my self to ensure you cannot access these forums. I'm surprised bben didn't ban you but since he didn't, I'll let you slide this time assuming you are going to go buy the game right now or simply leave this site. PS - You are the only one I have ever NOT banned upon sight. It's your lucky day.

LHammonds

what i meant was i dont see it as piracy, because i dont blame it to download a crack, dont tell me you have never ever played a cracked game on your computer

i wanted to try a cool mod (actualy one of the first ones) and it needed obse so i researched more and more about oblivion and those cool mods please dont blame me that much

its my first time to play oblivion and i think its a very cool game.

i am very thankful that people -which i dont know btw - answered me that fast to my problems and i guess i'll ask more

and when i try out more mods and have more problems, i'll have to ask smarter dudes than me

but for that i'll have to wait until i bought the original,

its worth to pay 20€ to play the game and all those cool mods you crazy dudes created :D

dont be to harsh with me :D

what i meant was i dont see it as piracy, because i dont blame it to download a crack, dont tell me you have never ever played a cracked game on your computer

You missed the point entirely. We don't care if you use a NoDVD patch...the issue is that you have a game on your computer and you did not pay for it. That is the piracy to which I am referring to.

I'm glad you are going to support the game makers and buy the game. I'm sure you will enjoy the game much more than your average game.

• 3 years later...

are u f***ing kidding me why is OBSE not working with a cracked version..the thing is i own the game but i am german and have the german version of the game so ... the german version dont work with mods, as soon as u put some mod files into the game directory the game looses the whole audio , because of the differnt folder names (eng/ger)

i downloaded a cracked version because of this , now u wanna tell i cant use mods at all..thats retarded