Can't install OBSE

zokker3000

Have you tried installing OBSE on your legit German version? According to what's in obse_readme.txt it may (quote from the readme ... "I have the english official patch v1.2.0.416. Localized versions with different executables or different patches may not work, but many have been successful.").

A possible solution to the problem of mods changing your language to English can be found on How fix broken voices after installing some kind of mods, but it will take some work on your part.

Talking about using cracked versions hasn't changed since 2011 ... it could still lead to the ban hammer.

• 2 years later...

Well I just bought the gog version and you mean to tell me i cant use this obse mod with it? its telling me i have an unknown version. and i just bought it from gog! I think the modders should fix this problem not everyone has a cracked copy i got mine ligit from gog.

Edited by kieferd20

Well I just bought the gog version and you mean to tell me i cant use this obse mod with it? its telling me i have an unknown version. and i just bought it from gog! I think the modders should fix this problem not everyone has a cracked copy i got mine ligit from gog.

Just follow the instructions on their website on which versions/releases to use with the GOG version of the game. If I recall correctly, it's the latest version of OBSE and a separate download of the OBSE loader for GOG.

Just follow the instructions on their website on which versions/releases to use with the GOG version of the game. If I recall correctly, it's the latest version of OBSE and a separate download of the OBSE loader for GOG.

Thank you for the info. i am going to try that. it seems most good mods need obse so without being able to install that i would be skrewed :)