TES Oblivion Goty Deluxe

EvilBr33D

Thanks for the kudos although it's not really needed-

Looking at the Supplementals Patch files here in Nexus I would say simply download the Main File, which is the first one you see, and ignore anything else.

Wrye Bash and BOSS are great utilities but may give you a bit of a hard time installing. It's not really important if you install them before or after getting the supplementals patch.

However BOSS is a lifesaver when it comes to load order. It will make your life a lot easier.

You will need to get yourself Wrye Bash and BOSS if you plan to add more mods later on. I remember when I installed my oblivion the very first time, I had no idea of what I was doing, and luckily everything went fine. First the main game, then the patches, then the DLC (I did not know it was better to install SI then) then the DLC patches. At that point I tried to install SI and it failed, although I believed it was installed. I played the game and months later I realized I still needed to install SI and patches properly. And I did. No Wrye Bash, no BOSS, no OBMM. Just Bare vanilla and my game was fine.

By the time I wanted to install more mods and got BOSS, I realized my load order was a complete mess and still my game had no major issues so far. This wil vary from computer to computer; in your system you may or may not be as lucky as I was back then. So if you are dealing with vanilla content only, my opinion would be: You are doing perfect, its great that you show some concern for installation order and doing things properly, but you are still at a stage where if you skip a step or forget a patch then it's not the end of the world in 90% of the cases.

So get the Supplementals Patch and when your energies are replenished, get WryeBash and BOSS.

You should find both here in Nexus, along with very detailed guides and readmes for installation and further use.

Edited by Candex

OK, got both wrye and boss, now the fun part. Its taking me the better of 2 days to install this so i have no future problems, and now i find Boss to be completely ( dare i say, confusing ). I got a "log?", in which it reorders the mods to work, but heck, in my current state, I probably couldn't install a simple program. TY for the help You and Y have giving, gives me hope for Skyrim, dare i say minus beths help. Sry, i went a Lil OTP, but, I install the supps i use, correct?

EDIT------- just realized what was going on, its "recommending" I install various mods to work with the vanilla version. I would, but I'm going to add mods soon, is the recs pointless?

DBL EDIT------- no supplimentals are installed yet, now I'm really confused........

Edited by EvilBr33D

Yes, install the Supplementals. You may ignore BOSS for now, as far as your game is still up and running.

(I imagine you launch the game after you install stuff)

Then, make sure BOSS is well installed. Yes it will be confusing at first. Then it becomes crystal clear. This log you see is a list of the new, reorderd Load Order BOSS did for you. Read everything that says, even if its like reading some alien language for you. Under each .esp will be a comment if something is missing, needed or recommended. Some comments may be irrelevant depending on what mods you have or not (say, if you do not run FCOM or OOO, then ignore all suggestions that talk about FCOM or OOO. Use the same logic for anything else).

Download and read the first chapter (basics) of WryeBash Pictorial Guide. This will make you a bit more familiar with Wrye Bash. You may skip the 'How To make a Bashed Patch' section for now, since you barely have anything installed, but read the Basics and Installers section.:wink:

EDIT: Does BOSS point the Supplementals is not installed yet? Try reinstalling it. Make sure the esp box is activated when you launch the game. Second EDIT: I just ran BOSS on my own and I also got the messages suggesting the supplementals. There is no .esp in my list for the supplementals either. I went to the original compressed 7zip folder of the Supplementals patch, and found out that there is no esp there, but the already existing UOP and UOSIP. My guess is that this new esp replace the old ones without changing their name, so you do have the supplementals already modifying the previous unofficial patches. If someone else can confirm, so much the better. Wrye Bash shows the Supplementals Installer well installed and with blue text.

what sort of recommendations did BOSS give you that may be pointless? As far as it does not say ''WARNING'' or you do not experience any major problems with the game I'd say it's fine. Just remember BOSS recommended something at some point.

Edited by Candex

Yes, install the Supplementals. You may ignore BOSS for now, as far as your game is still up and running.

(I imagine you launch the game after you install stuff)

Yes, I do run the game after each install 2 make sure its working.

Then, make sure BOSS is well installed. Yes it will be confusing at first. Then it becomes crystal clear. This log you see is a list of the new, reorderd Load Order BOSS did for you. Read everything that says, even if its like reading some alien language for you. Under each .esp will be a comment if something is missing, needed or recommended. Some comments may be irrelevant depending on what mods you have or not (say, if you do not run FCOM or OOO, then ignore all suggestions that talk about FCOM or OOO. Use the same logic for anything else).

I'm at that point now, taking my time to read thru it all to be sure i understand what to do,

Download and read the first chapter (basics) of WryeBash Pictorial Guide. This will make you a bit more familiar with Wrye Bash. You may skip the 'How To make a Bashed Patch' section for now, since you barely have anything installed, but read the Basics and Installers section.:wink:

sure will :)

EDIT: Does BOSS point the Supplementals is not installed yet? Try reinstalling it. Make sure the esp box is activated when you launch the game.

no sups installed yet, trying to make sure i do it correctly without the need to re-install again.

what sort of recommendations did BOSS give you that may be pointless? As far as it does not say ''WARNING'' or you do not experience any major problems with the game I'd say it's fine. Just remember BOSS recommended something at some point.

Not to say its pointless (maybe I used too harse a word), but here is the log Boss gave me. bare with me, im just getting used to this sites forum rules.

Oh no please, you are not a burden.

I read your BOSS log and the only serious thing I found was that you installed the patches for Battlehorn Castle, but not the DLCBattlehorn Castle itself. Or maybe I overlooked it and didn't see it. Make sure the DLCBattlehorn Castle.esp its installed or you may crash your game.

Other than that, it's ordered in the proper load order, which is fine, and BOSS suggests the same things that does with me. About the supplementals, I really wish someone else could confirm if that is well installed. I checked twice in my computer and everything seems to be in order until I run boss, which says I should upgrade.

About things that need cleaning with TES4Edit, I have no idea. Those don't show up in my BOSS log, but mind you I am running a pretty old version of both BOSS and Wrye Bash. (I do get cleaning suggestions for other mods though). I would not recommend you doing any cleaning now, because (I understand is this way since I've never cleaned any mod) if you are not really sure of what you are doing with TES4Edit then you may wreck your mods. Check this case out.

I am pretty confident someone else will show up and clear the Supplementals mystery. For now I'd say you are fine, remember to install that Battlehorn Castle and check your game again. I'm not much of an expert and I've told you almost everything I know. We still got a lot to learn...:psyduck:

Oh no please, you are not a burden.

I read your BOSS log and the only serious thing I found was that you installed the patches for Battlehorn Castle, but not the DLCBattlehorn Castle itself. Or maybe I overlooked it and didn't see it. Make sure the DLCBattlehorn Castle.esp its installed or you may crash your game.

Other than that, it's ordered in the proper load order, which is fine, and BOSS suggests the same things that does with me. About the supplementals, I really wish someone else could confirm if that is well installed. I checked twice in my computer and everything seems to be in order until I run boss, which says I should upgrade.

About things that need cleaning with TES4Edit, I have no idea. Those don't show up in my BOSS log, but mind you I am running a pretty old version of both BOSS and Wrye Bash. (I do get cleaning suggestions for other mods though). I would not recommend you doing any cleaning now, because (I understand is this way since I've never cleaned any mod) if you are not really sure of what you are doing with TES4Edit then you may wreck your mods. Check this case out.

I am pretty confident someone else will show up and clear the Supplementals mystery. For now I'd say you are fine, remember to install that Battlehorn Castle and check your game again. I'm not much of an expert and I've told you almost everything I know. We still got a lot to learn...:psyduck:

Yeah, I noticed that about battlehorn also, i cant seem to find it on my disk, maybe an error (?) Yeah, the sups are driving me crazy, pretty sure it's a manual install, but thats how i messed up my 1st install, just going to wait until someone clears up that mystery lol. Thanks Candex, you have been a great help :)

EDIT------ spelling errors again

Edited by EvilBr33D

yes, i got the GOTY deluxe, but noticed i dont have fighter stronghold/battlespire

EDIT----- Battlehorn

DBL EDIT------- should i get the construction set?

Edited by EvilBr33D

yes, i got the GOTY deluxe, but noticed i dont have fighter stronghold/battlespire

EDIT----- Battlehorn

If you have the GOTY Deluxe version from Steam, you should have Battlehorn Castle. Up to you on whether you should grab the CS or not - if you don't intend to edit any mods, you won't need it.

EDIT----- Battlehorn

If you have the GOTY Deluxe version from Steam, you should have Battlehorn Castle. Up to you on whether you should grab the CS or not - if you don't intend to edit any mods, you won't need it.

i have the retail version, not from steam. Thanks for ur help