Kill all NPCs

LeopoldCrank

Is there a mod which allows you to kill all NPCs, regardless of whether they are involved in an important quest.

This has been bugging me for a while, and the final straw was when I decided to blitz the Imperial City, and went to kill Hieronymus Lex, my main target, and he was knocked f***ing unconscious.

Please help, many thanks

You can unset the essential flag, but it will break a lot of quest and probably your game. That is why the essential flag exists.

Unless you have no other purpose than to run around on a mindless killing spree, such a mod would completely break your game.

Unless you have no other purpose than to run around on a mindless killing spree, such a mod would completely break your game.

You have never played Morrowind I take it?

I have, but Oblivion is not Morrowind.

You have never played Morrowind I take it?

I have, but Oblivion is not Morrowind.

What difference would it make? The only reason I could see it being an issue is with Martin at the Battle of Bruma and such, but still, do it for everyone else but maybe. I don't see any other reason why it would be "game breaking" but please enlighten me.

Oblivion is all about quests. Quests have requirements. A great deal of those requirements are NPCs. That is why certain NPCs are set as essential. They are not set that way for fun. Without the required NPCs the quests break. It's not so hard to understand.

But there is still so much to do in Oblivion. I'm not saying I'm going to kill everyone, but I want the option to. If I try to kill Hieronymus Lex, and that stuffs up the Thieves Guild quest line, so be it. If I want to kill the Count of Lleyawiin, I want to be able to, regardless of the Knights of the White Stallion. It is a free-roam RPG. You can do quests, but just like all the others, there is a hell of a lot more. I have a character, (a Breton Scholar) who I played Oblivion on without doing a single quest, which I enjoyed just as much as any of my other characters.

Hickory is right. If for instance, Jauffre dies, the rest of the main questline can no longer continue.

But yes, if you're not using mods that affect NPCs, then it's easy to make a mod the way you want it. It's easy, but takes a while because there are probably 500+ NPCs to edit. If you're going to do it, then I suggest having some cold drinks and good music handy.

Edited by McclaudEagle