Kill all NPCs

LeopoldCrank

Hickory is right. If for instance, Jauffre dies, the rest of the main questline can no longer continue.

I know. But I don't care. It's like in Morrowind, I was quite happy to be able to kill members of the main quest line, even if I didn't, for immersion. See my post above.

So somebody makes this mod that you want. You download it and install it. Two weeks later you are back complaining that 'this stupid mod has broken my game!' Go for it.

So somebody makes this mod that you want. You download it and install it. Two weeks later you are back complaining that 'this stupid mod has broken my game!' Go for it.

Explain how this mod could break my game in any way that it didn't break that of Morrowind and I'll listen. Is there any difference other than that you said before?

Well, if you're going to make this mod, then here's what you need to do.

1. Download and install the TES CS into your Oblivion install location.

2. Load up the TES CS and click on Data > Double click on Oblivion.esm then click on OK

3. On the left (Object Window) click on the + next to Actors, then click on NPCs. It will then load the list of all the NPCs in the game.

4. Double click on an NPC and check if it has a tick in the Essential box. If it does, untick it then click on OK.

5. Repeat step 4 until you've finished. Remember the cold drinks and music, this will take a while.

Important note: After loading a large amount of NPCs, the TES CS will eventually stop opening them. When that happens, just save the progress so far and then restart the CS.

Explain how this mod could break my game in any way that it didn't break that of Morrowind and I'll listen. Is there any difference other than that you said before?

Why would I expend the energy to do that? You don't want to hear what I have to say, you only want to hear what you want to hear.

Why would I expend the energy to do that? You don't want to hear what I have to say, you only want to hear what you want to hear.

No, I really want to know. You have only said one thing which I don't mind about. I am legitimately wondering if there is anything else I should be concerned about

Leopold, the only things you need to worry about with a mod like this is important NPCs dying when they normally wouldn't, and conflicts with mods that affect NPCs.

I thought so too, but it's like this guy knows something else that I don't. Thanks by the way, big help. Kudos to you :) I shall set aside a weekend and let the fun times roll :P

Oblivion was not designed like Morrowind. Too much in the game revolves around quest scripts, quest variables, global variables managed by scripts, AI packages modified by scripts, etc. (the list goes on). The game is simply not designed to be used in the way that you want it to. There is no way of knowing precisely how such a mod would break your game, or where, or when. I only know that eventually it will.

Oblivion was not designed like Morrowind. Too much in the game revolves around quest scripts, quest variables, global variables managed by scripts, AI packages modified by scripts, etc. (the list goes on). The game is simply not designed to be used in the way that you want it to. There is no way of knowing precisely how such a mod would break your game, or where, or when. I only know that eventually it will.

Ah... I see... Thankyou for making yourself so much clearer.