TES remake

Lehcar

You know what? After Skyrim is all done, I think it would be extremely awesome if they did a remake of Arena or Daggerfall with the super awesome game designing technology that we have now. Especially Arena, cause Jagar Tharn was a cool evil mage. I think those games had really good plots and it would be great to bring them back from the dead. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif Edited by Lehcar

I can agree with remaking Arena and/or Daggerfall, but having a TES game take place in a Tamrielic equivalent of the industrial revolution just seems.. wrong, IMO.

For me, TES should remain a classic fantasy game with magic, elves and mudcrabs. There are many provinces yet unexplored, why not have TES VI take place in Argonia or Summerset Isle?

I can agree with remaking Arena and/or Daggerfall, but having a TES game take place in a Tamrielic equivalent of the industrial revolution just seems.. wrong, IMO.

For me, TES should remain a classic fantasy game with magic, elves and mudcrabs. There are many provinces yet unexplored, why not have TES VI take place in Argonia or Summerset Isle?

Probably a far better idea (I was thinking a little too dark fantasy) http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif

I think Black Marsh would be ridiculously awesome. Apparently that was where the third TES game was originally intended to take place, but they ditched it for Morrowind. (frankly though, I think another game taking place in Morrowind would be cool, if it's one that lets us explore the whole land, not just Vvardenfel. Dunmer are one of my absolute favourite races.) http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/happy.gif

But, above all, I think doing remakes of Arena/Daggerfall would be epic (as long as they keep the main plots the same). Honestly, I have played both and I think it would really really wonderful to bring them back with a modern gaming engine. They really were great and they deserve some more love IMO (even though they may change some things for the worse, given that video game censorship was a lot more lax back in the 90's compared to how it is now. Why do video game have to be censored, anyway?)

Edited by Lehcar

(even though they may change some things for the worse, given that video game censorship was a lot more lax back in the 90's compared to how it is now. Why do video game have to be censored, anyway?)

Brown vs Entertainment Merchant Associations

Games qualify for first amendment protection, and therefore cannot be censored by law.... however, i think they still need ratings, and gaming companies usually don't want too harsh a rating so they can still fit in that wider audience.

Also, it is up to the parent to decide what is appropriate for said child, and at what age- if they don't like it, don't buy it.

I just can't believe it took this long for them to realize this...

OH! sorry,.. back on subject:

How about, instead of an industrial revolution(way overdone),.. an arcane revolution,.. i mean, seriously,.. its a world of magic, with magic far more powerful existing in ages past,... as people uncover deeper arcane secrets and advance into new magical territories, new wonders and possibilities would unfold and become more common.

Edited by El`derina

Remke of old Elder Scrolls games would be good not so shure about Indusrial Revolution... Maby a game on the story of the Dwarven world but industrial revolution would ruid elder scrolls a bit for me at least.

Oh, I was thinking of a mod. A total game remake by Bethesda? No way.

considering the number of versions that Sid Meier made of Pirates

this is an economic possibility

that Bethesda should be considering