Skyrim Official Trailer is a disappointment

ReaperLeopard

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but after watching Witcher 2 Official Trailer the Skyrim's trailer just seems pale in comparison. Witcher 2's trailer felt intense, full of memorable NPCs, and just... EPIC. Skyrim's trailer felt bland... empty.

you needed a comparison to tell that?

I second your notion... the trailor does indeed suck,.. but it's purpose is mainly announcement, correct?

more trailors will come.

Meh, I have been and am still looking forward to Skyrim exponentially more

The trailer was indeed weak. The voicing was good, and the graphics rule, but the story was just kind of loose. If they actually gave us more to be able to emotionally link to, that would have been cool. But otherwise, meh. Guess they'll do better next time! hahaha

Skyrim trailer keeps expectations low while Witcher 2 trailer raises them too high.

Yeah. In Skyrim's we see stylized footage of the actual game, if cut up and pasted together for stylistic purposes. This is infinitely better than, say, Bioware's Dragon Age trailers that barely even have anything to do with the story they're showcasing, let alone the actual graphics and gameplay you're getting.

(Then again if they made a realistic DA2 trailer it would just be Hawke running around aimlessly through exactly the same set of streets in Kirkwall in a circle for 4 minutes.)

At least with the Skyrim trailer it was game play footage. In Witcher 2, they tried to perk your interest with a sub-par introduction to the plot, rather than what you could expect from the game itself. Plus, Witcher was never my thing. No character creation and they call it a hardcore rpg? Sounds a little odd to me. By that token, you may as well call Assassin's Creed a hardcore rpg, since the game is theoretically open world, and you can technically kill anyone.

At least with the Skyrim trailer it was game play footage. In Witcher 2, they tried to perk your interest with a sub-par introduction to the plot, rather than what you could expect from the game itself. Plus, Witcher was never my thing. No character creation and they call it a hardcore rpg? Sounds a little odd to me. By that token, you may as well call Assassin's Creed a hardcore rpg, since the game is theoretically open world, and you can technically kill anyone.

Most JRPGs don't let you customize your character all that much either, but I don't think they're any less "pure" for it.

Not to mention the absolutely laughable daily schedules that are supposed to make the world feel alive. LOL, all NPCs leave their houses and go to work at the exact same time. They look like robots on rails.