Skyrim Official Trailer is a disappointment

ReaperLeopard

Skyrim trailer keeps expectations low while Witcher 2 trailer raises them too high.

This!...i agree completely, while many games serve you an awesome trailer filled with godly epic moments, the game is often the oposite.

I like that Beth is serving everything arround skyrim carefully, if the expectations wont be ungodly high the more of a blast the game will be..atleast that's how i feel about it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but after watching Witcher 2 Official Trailer the Skyrim's trailer just seems pale in comparison. Witcher 2's trailer felt intense, full of memorable NPCs, and just... EPIC. Skyrim's trailer felt bland... empty.

Sorry but after watching Witcher 2 Official Trailer the Skyrim's trailer just seems pale in comparison. Witcher 2's trailer felt intense, full of memorable NPCs, and just... EPIC. Skyrim's trailer felt bland... empty.

you needed a comparison to tell that?

I second your notion... the trailor does indeed suck,.. but it's purpose is mainly announcement, correct?

more trailors will come.

The trailer was indeed weak. The voicing was good, and the graphics rule, but the story was just kind of loose. If they actually gave us more to be able to emotionally link to, that would have been cool. But otherwise, meh. Guess they'll do better next time! hahaha

I'm really surprised to hear this reaction.

I have never watched a gameplay trailer over and over as many times as the Skyrim trailer. I believe it is the best videogame trailer I've ever seen. The Dead Island trailer was excellent as well, but after watching some gameplay footage, it was a huge letdown compared to the trailer, and it made the Dead Island trailer feel gimmicky.

Which specific Witcher 2 trailer are you referring to? I'll have to watch it.

Edited by moviemarketing

I have never watched a gameplay trailer over and over as many times as the Skyrim trailer. I believe it is the best videogame trailer I've ever seen. The Dead Island trailer was excellent as well, but after watching some gameplay footage, it was a huge letdown compared to the trailer, and it made the Dead Island trailer feel gimmicky.

I don't see how you can re-watch Skyrim's Official Trailer. What do you mean by which specific Witcher 2 trailer? I already told you, Witcher 2 Official Trailer. There was a WOW factor to the whole trailr where as Skyrim, you watch some lame dragon art and listen to the narrator for a while then it's just a showcase of some environments and a warrior fighting a dragon. Didn't feel epic to me at all because the whole thing was too vague leaving everything to imagination. In a rpg I don't want to imagine, I want to immerse into another world where everything is in your face. Not some walk into someone's house and watch them mourn because although that's realism you don't actually immerse into a game by watching something like that for the sake of it.

Even in a open world game the storyline can still emotionally link to your character. Even if you're locked up in a dungeon a trailer can still show epic moments, not a you're in a dungeon and we'll leave it up to you to imagine why.

Here's the trailer if anyone's too lazy to google search:

Edited by ReaperLeopard

I don't see how you can re-watch Skyrim's Official Trailer. What do you mean by which specific Witcher 2 trailer? I already told you, Witcher 2 Official Trailer. There was a WOW factor to the whole trailr where as Skyrim, you watch some lame dragon art and listen to the narrator for a while then it's just a showcase of some environments and a warrior fighting a dragon. Didn't feel epic to me at all because the whole thing was too vague leaving everything to imagination. In a rpg I don't want to imagine, I want to immerse into another world where everything is in your face. Not some walk into someone's house and watch them mourn because although that's realism you don't actually immerse into a game by watching something like that for the sake of it.

Even in a open world game the storyline can still emotionally link to your character. Even if you're locked up in a dungeon a trailer can still show epic moments, not a you're in a dungeon and we'll leave it up to you to imagine why.

Here's the trailer if anyone's too lazy to google search: snip

This is exactly how I reacted to the Skyrim trailer.

Like, exactly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY

Edited by LeopoldCrank

If you thought the Skyrim video was inferior to The Witcher 2's one, you obviously haven't seen this my friend:

This 'trailer' is even worse. The cheesy singing is more suitable for a comedy show, not to help make a trailer sound more intense. So far all I know is there's going to be some lame dragon hunting storyline. Nothing epic about that given the crap trailer that was made. Even the dragon in Witcher 2 was more scary, had a feeling of OMFG RUN! The dragon in Skyrim just meh...

I think skyrim trailer is awesome but i have to agree with you ReaperLeopard on this matter, the feeling of powerfull creatures was always lacking in beth's games...its like someone pushed the randomize button and there you go..its not really that the dragons are designed badly but i do feel they lack on the "creature of power" factor ...i can bet that with different dragons we will see mostly recoloring of the same model in the game.

On the other hand tes games were always unique when it comes to their design and sometimes having less is more.

The only thing im worried about is, as i said we will probably see the same old dragon model just recolored a few times instead of making their appearance unique by thier abilites, when i saw the fight with the fire and frost dragon there wasnt really any difference between the two, atleast i didnt saw it, correct me if im wrong.

I fear it will get old pretty fast that way, skyrim is already starting to show a certain patern that oblivion followed, then again the new character screenshots were really amazing, so i hope we will be plesantly surprised with more such changes.

If you thought the Skyrim video was inferior to The Witcher 2's one, you obviously haven't seen this my friend:

This 'trailer' is even worse. The cheesy singing is more suitable for a comedy show, not to help make a trailer sound more intense. So far all I know is there's going to be some lame dragon hunting storyline. Nothing epic about that given the crap trailer that was made. Even the dragon in Witcher 2 was more scary, had a feeling of OMFG RUN! The dragon in Skyrim just meh...

The whole point of the literal trailer is comedy...

I think skyrim trailer is awesome but i have to agree with you ReaperLeopard on this matter, the feeling of powerfull creatures was always lacking in beth's games...its like someone pushed the randomize button and there you go..its not really that the dragons are designed badly but i do feel they lack on the "creature of power" factor ...i can bet that with different dragons we will see mostly recoloring of the same model in the game.

TES (mostly) doesn't do scripted fights. Way harder to make a 50-foot tall creature act in a sensible way when you give both it and the player total freedom of movement and actions. Secondly, dragons in Skyrim aren't endgame boss monsters: They're treated just like any other creature out in the wilderness. You're going to be fighting them throughout the entire game, even at low levels when you'll be relatively weak. Of course they can't all be godlike monsters who can level whole mountain ranges just by breathing on them too hard. Besides, what RPG have you ever seen that actually has dragons make actual use of their ability to fly in combat? Skyrim's the first game featuring them I've ever seen where their wings aren't just for show.

The only thing im worried about is, as i said we will probably see the same old dragon model just recolored a few times instead of making their appearance unique by thier abilites, when i saw the fight with the fire and frost dragon there wasnt really any difference between the two, atleast i didnt saw it, correct me if im wrong.

The differences between them are on a micro rather than macro scale: The frost dragons have an impressive set of horns on their head as well as a pair of vampire-esque fangs that stick out of their mouth. As well, the texture of the scales on their body is totally different. But yeah, there's not much difference that you can see in the video because it's flying 50 feet above your head the whole time.