The 18 Skills of Skyrim

natelovesyou

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I updated the OP again, adding Spells and Shouts. Why not, right? :]

Spells/Shouts of note, that you may have not known about in Skyrim:

Destruction: Fire Storm (AoE from caster), Frostbite (slows enemy and causes frost damage, seen in the 22 minute demo, Ice Spike, Ice Storm

Shouts: Ice Form (freeze target), Unrelenting Force (the push shout you may have seen, I finally found its name).

Also, tweaked some of the perks, etc.

Revamped the perks sections and added a few new ones I've discovered from watching a few videos really closely. I'd invite you to skim over them to see what's there now. :)

Since there is more classes any more...how do skills work exactly?

It was explained some time but I don't understand it well, you don't choose any skills as "main" that I have more or less clear.

Then...what? You improve any skill you use and no skills grow up faster than others, you can buy upgrades with some kind of experience points or what?

Wait, pickpocketing is a different skill? Was it in oblivion?

No, it wasn't.They removed hand-to-hand from the Warrior tree and gave archery to warriors and then added Pickpocketing to the Thief tree.

Before looking over this I was sure I'd just go sword and board as my primary means of combat like usual, but man, those 2-handed weapon perks look irresistible. I'll probably still go sword/shield for the shield bash ability and better blocking capabilities but it's going to be a tough choice. Edited by Kerghan

Since there is more classes any more...how do skills work exactly?

It was explained some time but I don't understand it well, you don't choose any skills as "main" that I have more or less clear.

Then...what? You improve any skill you use and no skills grow up faster than others, you can buy upgrades with some kind of experience points or what?

You are what you play. I think people will really be surprised what their most used skills really are when they are actually playing the game.

So you swing some 1H weapons. - This increases your 1H skill. Then depending on the level you are increasing to, it gives your player overall XP towards your next character level.

So... for simplicities sake... these numbers arent confirmed so dont take it to heart... but if you boost a skill from 15 to 16. Then you would get 16 XP towards leveling. But if you boosted a skill from 49 to 50 then you would be boosting your XP by 50 points. And each time you level requires more XP than the previous level (to the point that it is really difficult to level past 50.

As for the million dollar question... I dont think anyone will accurately be able to tell what their most used skills are.

My favorite skills are Light armor, illusion, conjuration, marksman, blade, block and alteration...

But the skills that I tend to use most often in Morrowind and Oblivion were, alchemy, lockpicking, sneak, speech, Smithing and alteration.

I mean with the new system every action will be taken into account. So every "class" will truly be unique.

Edited by Odai