Quakecon Character Screenshots

Tuco404

I guess you wanted to say, they finally look intimidating as they were supposed to :P

In a round-about way that's one thing I was implying, yes. :] They should look like fierce warriors, not an evolved form of lime jello!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe yea, seeing all those orc screenshots i might actually try them, never played one not even in morrowind...though im a bit curious how the females look, didnt saw any ss of them so far...maybe it will be too much intimidating to look at, i would probably create a male anyway :D

I guess you wanted to say, they finally look intimidating as they were supposed to :P

In a round-about way that's one thing I was implying, yes. :] They should look like fierce warriors, not an evolved form of lime jello!

Oblivion faces had one fatal flaw all races shared .. A single base mesh made by the fine people at "Facegen" a third party that Bethesda paid the rights to use the app thinking it was great new tech for a next gen game ~_~ I myself am a character artist and asset modeler and instantly knew facegen was rubbish when I saw it .. before I even played oblivion or knew they used it .. But the real problem came with the beast races .. They were all using the same UV maps and Meshes but just deforming them to work .. This was before Zbrush and a lot of the better high res normal map/polypainting programs so I guess they didn't have an up to date settup when they were working on the game and it really bit them in the ass .. By fallout3 they clearly had a better modeling team and or tools at work.

Those characters look good i like the bosmer, the orc and the argonian most...can't wait to play the game.... :teehee: :biggrin:

Hmm... I just noticed he's carrying a roman short sword(styled anyway). I wonder what other real world weapons they've used as reference for their other weapons in Skyrim.