Is this Website Safe?

swedishmeatball

Hi. I'm sorry to be a bother to you all.

I've just been absolutely desperate to download this game from my childhood. (Toe Jam and Earl. What? I haven't played it since I was little and want to just try it again. ;;>.> No laughs.) But, I don't even know if the website is safe! So, naturally I'm a bit fearful to try to download. Especially when I have no virus sweeper anymore, my free trail ran out and I don't have money for one.

So, I'm just asking, if anyone has ever gone to a website called [name removed]. If anyone knows whether or not it's safe, please tell me. And please, please don't lie. I'd rather not be picking up the pieces of my computer after it explodes. x.X;;

And, please warn me if this is the wrong place to post this. I just didn't know where else, if anywhere, that I could.

That, and if you have Firefox, you can download the NoScript plugin. Great for if you're heading to a site you're not entirely sure isn't going to plug your PC full of viruses. Doesn't help once the file is downloaded to your PC though, you'd need AVG Free for that, which seems to work just fine. I use it myself.

I'm not entirely sure about the legality of that site, so I'm going to remove the name of it from your post. Terms of Service.

Realistically, you should not be doing anything online these days without a decent anti-virus, anti-spy, firewall, and probably even software to hide your IP. Downloading illegal content should require even more security measures since the providers of that content don't need to certify that it is safe to use and can't be held responsible for damages since anyone trying would likely be shooting themselves in the foot. Some sites even go as far as purposly sharing dirty software as part of the social vigananteism that wants to keep some methods like p2p for legal uses, and wants to hurt those that use it illegally. There are also companies that setup stings to catch people downloading illegal content, where they are just sharing bogus data in order to get your IP on record for prosecution.

There are also the legal aspects involved, and you should probably be aware of what you need to have legal use of those things. There are however plenty of people downloading illegally, so even if you have legal right to use those products, you may still have to deal with all the things attached to the illegal aspects.

Archived