ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

System Requirements

WeaselSlapper

I know this has been talked about before, but the last post I saw about it was from June. Does anyone know if the systems requirements have been firmed up? I'm looking to upgrade my computer a bit and I want to know if the upgrades I'm going to make will get me above the minimums.

Thanks

My google results for "system requirements for Skyrim":

Minimum:

* CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or Althon X2 2.0 GHz

* RAM: 3 GB

* HDD: 15 GB

* Graphics: 512 MB card

* Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible

* DirectX: Version 9.0c

Recommended:

* CPU: Core 2 Quad 3 GHz

* RAM: 3 GB

* HDD: 15 GB free disk space

* Graphics: 512 MB Graphics Memory

* Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible

* DirectX: Version 9.0c

First result.

Just sayin.

First result.

Just sayin.

No need to be a jerk; I googled it too and I found a lot of different results and most were pretty old (same when I searched this forum) and most were similar to yours, but I've seen different details on the graphics card and processor.

As best as I can tell the results you posted were just peoples "best guess" and I was hoping for something more official by now. I haven't really been paying attention to Skyrim so far and wanted to make sure there wasn't some new update that I missed.

And by the way the first result I found in a google search:

Intel CPU - Celeron E3300 Dual-Core 2.5GHz

AMD CPU - Athlon II X2 240

Nvidia GFX Card - GeForce GT 420

ATI GFX Card - Radeon HD 5670 512MB

RAM (Memory) - 4 GB

Hard Disk Space - 10 GB

Direct X - 9

Just sayin

Edited by WeaselSlapper

First result.

Just sayin.

No need to be a jerk; I googled it too and I found a lot of different results and most were pretty old (same when I searched this forum) and most were similar to yours, but I've seen different details on the graphics card and processor.

As best as I can tell the results you posted were just peoples "best guess" and I was hoping for something more official by now. I haven't really been paying attention to Skyrim so far and wanted to make sure there wasn't some new update that I missed.

And by the way the first result I found in a google search:

Intel CPU - Celeron E3300 Dual-Core 2.5GHz

AMD CPU - Athlon II X2 240

Nvidia GFX Card - GeForce GT 420

ATI GFX Card - Radeon HD 5670 512MB

RAM (Memory) - 4 GB

Hard Disk Space - 10 GB

Direct X - 9

Just sayin

Yeah, that's not very far apart from what my search showed. The game won't be graphically demanding.

For info, try TES's own site, and the pinned thread.

http://files.sharenator.com/just_saiyan_RE_The_Off_topic_topic_post_2_Return_of_Confusion-s360x328-164470.jpg

Edited by dwellufool

My own personal "final word" on this: Speculation will do no good, and everything you're going to find on the internet is pure speculation by fanboys and people that think they know their stuff. Bethesda hasn't revealed this information; how are we going to know otherwise? Edited by natelovesyou

My own personal "final word" on this: Speculation will do no good, and everything you're going to find on the internet is pure speculation by fanboys and people that think they know their stuff. Bethesda hasn't revealed this information; how are we going to know otherwise?

From what we do know, which is that it's a port from console to PC at a 360's settings, with some sweetening from DX11 while not taking full advantage of it.

That gives us plenty of room to speculate.

My own personal "final word" on this: Speculation will do no good, and everything you're going to find on the internet is pure speculation by fanboys and people that think they know their stuff. Bethesda hasn't revealed this information; how are we going to know otherwise?

From what we do know, which is that it's a port from console to PC at a 360's settings, with some sweetening from DX11 while not taking full advantage of it.

WHEN did Bethesda ever say port? When? And did it ever occur to you that the game was created ON the PC?

Yes, it all gives us plenty of room to speculate. Room. But it's just speculation, and it does no good. I'd rather speculate about game mechanics or skills or game economy since it allows for a creative pallet, as opposed to just guessing how beefy a processor or GPU needs to be.

WHEN did Bethesda ever say port? When? And did it ever occur to you that the game was created ON the PC?

Yes, it all gives us plenty of room to speculate. Room. But it's just speculation, and it does no good. I'd rather speculate about game mechanics or skills or game economy since it allows for a creative pallet, as opposed to just guessing how beefy a processor or GPU needs to be.

Let's slow down a second. Check the bolded. I'm interested in the topic because graphics are interesting to me. I don't see how my interest goes away just because you aren't interested.

Beth says it's a port

It did. And it occurred to me that it was made on a PC for the 360's settings, ported back to the PC, but obviously with a 360's limitations. They said they're adding PC textures.

You must have me confused with someone who's upset by this. I don't mind, so long as the game is good.

As well, if speculation does no good, why speculate mechanics? :P Speculation is speculation, the kind I like to do just goes on whats happened in the past.

Edited by dwellufool

I don't like to speculate, but only because I was forced to replace my PC last month and am crossing my fingers that the specs of my new rig will let me run Skyrim in three months! Though to be honest, I kinda doubt it's going to require a 6-core and a $300 GPU unless Todd Howard sold his soul to the filthy console devils. :devil:

It IS a port. :( FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Seriously, that is the WORST news I have heard about Skyrim in the last 8 months. Totally awful. Unless they fix it, and work super hard at improving everything for the PC. Moving vegetation, PhysX, DX11 fuctionality... otherwise, I will be very disappointed in the mentality that is Bethesda/consoles.