constant random crashes

numbers13

Solved my (and many others) identical problem last month after 1.4 attacked. No harm in trying it. No harm in updating and/or reinstalling video drivers again as well (they sometimes suffer seemingly spontaneous corruption) . It would help us if we knew your system specs.

When you uninstalled did you delete all the folders and files including the Save folder in your documents folder?

Solved my (and many others) identical problem last month after 1.4 attacked. No harm in trying it. No harm in updating and/or reinstalling video drivers again as well (they sometimes suffer seemingly spontaneous corruption) . It would help us if we knew your system specs.

When you uninstalled did you delete all the folders and files including the Save folder in your documents folder?

Thank you all for your help (grindstone i am a he by the way :biggrin: ) i am running 4xquad core i7 3.33 mghz processors, not sure of my graphics card but it's a pretty decent one (i use this computer for work and have to manipulate a lot of graphics so the card gets updated every couple of months.

When i uninstalled i removed every trace of fnv from my computer. And this problem started before the 1.4 update. The OWB thing baffled me i thought maybe a patch was included that fixed my problem, but alas back to the mojave meant back to the desktop for me.

I have tried using fnv4gb but it doesn't seem to make any difference. an even more inexplicable thing is that i actually played the game about 60% of the way through with the same mods and had only the normal bethesda amount of problems.

I have tried using game stabiliser but that only works with retail versions (do people still buy games this way?) and have just installed something Auto_Inc_Save which is supposed to help with my problem....we'll see i guess.

once again thank you so much for your advice.

There's really no difference between buying the disk or a direct download from Steam because Steam controls them both. With the disk you still have to be online and set up an account with Steam in order to load and play the game, the only difference I can guess is that the installing process goes more quickly with the disk, for me @20 minutes as opposed to those who download and take hours (of course connection speed and Steam server loads factor in heavily). I know that ccmechanic (the co-author of Game Stabilizer) believes there is some hidden agenda there but I believe the reason for the larger game size on the disk is because it includes all the Steam stuff that direct downloads don't need. At any rate Game Stabilizer is incompatible with NVSE and a number of other popular mods so I had to drop it. fng4gb_nvse works great without it. [bTW- We buy the disks for the tactile sensation and all the cool stuff we get when we order Collector's Editions!]

I found that Auto Incremental helped me as well but I can't live without a hot-key quick save so I switched to CASM and have had great improvement there as well. (Just remember to replace the vanilla quick save hotkey with CASM and of course disable all auto saves.)

AWOP has a lot of compatibility patches out now as do some of your other mods so check your mod pages regularly for updates.

Auto_Inc_Save seems to be helping - there are waay fewer ctd's (i can still use a hotkey for quicksaves) and i am starting the game with fnv4gb, so i think the combination of the ywo is making my gameplay experience much less frustrating and dare i say enjoyable again.

once again thanks for everybody's assistance, and hopefully my problem is sorted (at least for now)