Can anybody create a re-texture for me?

bigman28

Sinclair's Mod's has been working on a new Mod for the Sierra Madre, which basically extends the story of dead money.

It includes new missions, locations, factions, weapons, Armour, and followers.

We already put in over 300 hours into this but we need someone too do a Re-texture of the Villa Interior walls and floors.

would any help me with this?

Mainly what I need is just the Floor and ceiling.

the floor is all cracked and the ceiling has holes in it.

I don't know what software you use to do this? I've only known the G.E.C.K.

Mainly what I need is just the Floor and ceiling.

the floor is all cracked and the ceiling has holes in it.

I don't know what software you use to do this? I've only known the G.E.C.K.

If you plan on retexturing the walls/ceilings the following programs are commonly used:

Gimp in combination with it's DDS plugin

Photoshop with it's DDS plugin

Paint.net

Both Gimp And Paint.net are free utilities. Adobe photoshop isn't unless you get a trial version.

And to get the actual textures you'd want to edit:

the fallout mod manager (FOMM) Has a function in it's "tools" menu called : BSA Browser. You can use that one to open the 'dead money - textures.bsa' and extract the textures for the walls an ceilings, from there on you can start editing :)

Hope this helps :)

II have it downloaded but when I try to open the "dead money main BSA" and extract the TSkitintrground using the FOMM and when I pull up the folder I put it in using paint, It isn't in there?

II have it downloaded but when I try to open the "dead money main BSA" and extract the TSkitintrground using the FOMM and when I pull up the folder I put it in using paint, It isn't in there?

Im not sure on where to find an "import" option or dropdown menu to specify the filetype to browse for in paint.net, as im a gimp user myself. And besides that i'm not on my desktop right now, so can't really check anything right now :( (as i don't install any games on my laptop.)

I could take a quick look tonight, but i cant make any promises. (and by tonight i mean 22:00 gmt +1)

Im not sure on where to find an "import" option or dropdown menu to specify the filetype to browse for in paint.net, as im a gimp user myself. And besides that i'm not on my desktop right now, so can't really check anything right now :( (as i don't install any games on my laptop.)

I could take a quick look tonight, but i cant make any promises. (and by tonight i mean 22:00 gmt +1)

Well I do have Gimp, It's just that it looked more complicated then paint. But if you thing Gimp is better?

Well I do have Gimp, It's just that it looked more complicated then paint. But if you thing Gimp is better?

Well, if it's "better", i dont know. but it's what i've been using for as long as i know :P plus, i know how to open DDS files with it, which is what you'll need to do as well :)

And if you want, you could use gimp to save it as a filetype you can open in paint.net or any other program (This is assuming that you already installed the DDS-plugin for gimp!)

If you do have the DDS-plugin installed, its as simple as this:

1. Start gimp

http://i56.tinypic.com/fjoow4.png

2. on the gimp menu-bar, go to File

3. click on "Open"

4. Go to the folder where you saved the texture

5. on the lower right corner of the dialog, above the "open" and "cancel" buttons is a drop-down menu. Set this to "DDS image (*.dds)".

http://i53.tinypic.com/2i8hybo.png

6. Open the texture you saved.

7. now, a now dialog window will ask the following:

http://i53.tinypic.com/281ydeg.png

Uncheck both checkboxes.

8. and there you go! now you can start editing, or save it as any other filetype you'd like. just make sure to save it as a DDS again if you want the game to recognise the texture.

btw.. Sorry for Dutch menus in the screenshots :) couldn't find the language settings :P

Well, if it's "better", i dont know. but it's what i've been using for as long as i know :P plus, i know how to open DDS files with it, which is what you'll need to do as well :)

And if you want, you could use gimp to save it as a filetype you can open in paint.net or any other program (This is assuming that you already installed the DDS-plugin for gimp!)

If you do have the DDS-plugin installed, its as simple as this:

1. Start gimp

http://i56.tinypic.com/fjoow4.png

2. on the gimp menu-bar, go to File

3. click on "Open"

4. Go to the folder where you saved the texture

5. on the lower right corner of the dialog, above the "open" and "cancel" buttons is a drop-down menu. Set this to "DDS image (*.dds)".

http://i53.tinypic.com/2i8hybo.png

6. Open the texture you saved.

7. now, a now dialog window will ask the following:

http://i53.tinypic.com/281ydeg.png

Uncheck both checkboxes.

8. and there you go! now you can start editing, or save it as any other filetype you'd like. just make sure to save it as a DDS again if you want the game to recognise the texture.

btw.. Sorry for Dutch menus in the screenshots :) couldn't find the language settings :P

Thanks for the help on gimp! but I can't find the TSkitinterior's with the FOMM, I clicked deadmoney main BSA but it's not in there?