ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Companions Give Items Back in Honest Hearts

Cyberweasel89

it's a part of how the game works, because some of these companions can only be used once

at least for me, when i got the female companion (forgot her name), i never saw Follows-Chalk again, so he had to give me his items back, otherwise they would have been gone

it's probably some alternation made in the script that handles dismissing companions, but i'm not sure about it, it's just a guess

hope that helps

Fonger, that isn't quite true

i just played today, and when i fired Veronica and sent her back to the 188 Trading Post, she still had the items i gave her equipped

so at least for me, companions won't return their items when dismissed

it only happened with the Honest Hearts companions

but that could be a mod related alteration (though i rather doubt it)

I usually only give companions spare supplies that they can use and I would rather they keep for good. But I really need to disable this part of Honest Hearts because it always makes my game crash when I tell Follows Chalk to go back to his people's camp.

And yes, I'm sure it's giving the items back that's causing it. Without a doubt in my mind. I just can't figure out what in the game files handles that function so I can disable it.

I usually only give companions spare supplies that they can use and I would rather they keep for good. But I really need to disable this part of Honest Hearts because it always makes my game crash when I tell Follows Chalk to go back to his people's camp.

And yes, I'm sure it's giving the items back that's causing it. Without a doubt in my mind. I just can't figure out what in the game files handles that function so I can disable it.

I don't have the DLC so can't give you any specific information, but when I want to find where something is in an esp/esm I use Edit > Find Text

If you are certain what you are looking for isn't in the dialogue result scripts then look for where his name appears in Scripts and go through those to see if items are being moved into the player's inventory at any time.