Vampire Embrace

BBQEggs

Im a huge Morrowind mod fan, there are so many great mods on Morrowind. The Vampire Mods are my favorite. So far there have been several good mods on Oblivion that try to make vampirism in Oblivion more like Morrowind. These mods are really good, but I've been thinking, "Why is there no Vampire embrace mod in Oblivion?" It was by far my favorite mod in Morrowind. I loved being a Vampire and making others Thralls and blood slaves (not to mention making the select elite a vampire like myself.) I would have thought that Vampire embrace would be one of the earlier mods moved from Morrowind to Oblivion. It was really popular. Is there some game mechanic in Oblivion that prevents this kind of mod to function in Oblivion? Or has no one really tried to make it?

• 2 years later...
Without OBSE, I do think it is impossible. But there are a few modders out there that utilize OBSE to make mods that resemble "Vampire Embrace" from Morrowind. The most promising one I've found is called "Spreading Vampirism" by LoginToDownload here on the Nexus. It's quite immersive, according to the description I read, and it adds the ability to make thralls who hide from the sun, and feed on others as well, sometimes turning them into vampires. It also adds a chance for vampires to be companions to the player, which sounds pretty cool. But I haven't actually played the mod myself, so I can't guarantee this is exactly what you're looking for.

• 3 years later...

I suppose you like Lich and necromancer mods as well... you know.... since you necro'd this post.

Kidding aside, Unholy Darkness was actually released. I'm not sure where you can find the mod though.