MikeRyan's recipe collection

MikeRyan

Hey everyone and welcome to "Cooking with The Swede" (or something similar)

i decided to make this little thread to share some recipes with you guys because i like you so much

WARNING! i use kilograms and not pounds in my recipes! if you have to, use a converter

so without much further ado lets start of with an easy salad

oh and please excuse any typos

Easy all purpose salad!

works with most dishes like a nice grilled steak or a dish you'll get the recipe for later

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

if you are making this for more people, increase the amount of the ingredients

2 Apples

1 cuccumber

2 tomatoes

1 lettuce

2 Packs of feta cheese (its a kind of cheese, bit on the salty side but it is delicous)

How to make it:

cut everything into nice squares, or well small pieces and throw it into a bowl.

Mix everything together and put some oil or dressing or whatever its called on it and you are done!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now for something else that is delicous, My family's variant of the classic schnitzel

Schnitzel with potato wedges (i recomend serving with the above salad)

for the schnitzel (this recipe will give you enough for four)

about 1 kg of ground meat (if you have some over after the cooking, put them in a plastic bag and keep it in your freezer)

4 slices of cheese (gouda is what we use)

4 slices of ham

butter for the frying pan (if you dont have butter margarine works too) either liquid or solid

How to make them:

take the meat and split it up in eight (or more, depending on how many you are making this for) pieces, take one slice of cheese and one slice of ham and put it on one piece of the meat and put another one on top of it, like when you make a sandwich, and then fry it in a normal frying pan and put them aside on a plate when they are done (you will know when they have a nice color)

and now for the potato wedges, quite simple really

take about a kilogram of potatoes (might be more, all depends on personal preference) peel them (optional you can leave the peel on too) and cut them into wedges and put them on a greased baking tray, put on some spices (if you want) and let them be in the oven for about 40 minutes so they get a nice color.

Now serve and enjoy!