Wrye Bash question

ShadowTek

Hi, when using Wrye Bash should we check all the bash patch options, or should we use the BOSS suggestions tags? Is there any harm in selecting all the options? Also it would be cool if there was a option to simply select recommended options for us idiots lol Also Ive been using the beta patch build simply because its 1000% faster.. that doesn't matter right?

Hi, when using Wrye Bash should we check all the bash patch options, or should we use the BOSS suggestions tags? Is there any harm in selecting all the options? Also it would be cool if there was a option to simply select recommended options for us idiots lol Also Ive been using the beta patch build simply because its 1000% faster.. that doesn't matter right?

No, you should certainly not just check everything, but always use BOSS suggestions unless you have reason to override them. Use this guide on how to select the options in a Bashed Patch.

There is no reason for you to be using a Beta. Wrye Bash is now at version 294.

Hi, thanks I ment I use the ReBuild Bash patch (CBash *Beta*) option, not a beta of WB itself,

Oh, right. :)

The speed difference is tremendous between the two and as Ive been selecting all bash options it takes forever normal wise, Now Ill use the boss suggestions if I can figure them out :)

Hey wouldn't it be cool if BOSS gave you a downloadable script with its suggestions for bash patch as a script that you could put somewhere in WB to make things easier to auto select? :) I imagine that would be hard to do though.

The speed difference is tremendous between the two and as Ive been selecting all bash options it takes forever normal wise, Now Ill use the boss suggestions if I can figure them out :)

Hey wouldn't it be cool if BOSS gave you a downloadable script with its suggestions for bash patch as a script that you could put somewhere in WB to make things easier to auto select? :) I imagine that would be hard to do though.

Wrye Bash already automatically detects all of BOSS's suggestions, provided you have 'Automatic' set in the tag window (bottom right of the main WB window). Then it's up to you to take not of BOSS and WB suggestions, which you really should.

wow cool how do I do that? I see the box, and auto is selected, is there something in building the patch I have to select to pick those options? Or maybe I have to unselect all, and then try it?

Edit Ok I think I figured it out..

You have to remember one thing: we are talking about specific mod tags, not tweaks, and not all mods need (or should have) tags. So run BOSS and click on a mod that BOSS suggests a tag for (the UOP is a perfect example) and you will see the suggested tags. Simple.