New system:need advice

Higher clocks + more memory = (most of the time) better card.

Not always true. Architecture has a LOT to do with it, even more so than the processor clock and the amount of memory. I remember when the 8800 GTX came out back a few years ago. I had coworkers who could not understand why a single 8800 was outperforming two 7800 GTXs in SLi when the combined 7800s had more memory. The answer was because the 8800 sported a completely new architecture.

Thanks for all the advice guys but i dont really know what all those terms and things like an i2500k is :(

i5 2500k is the cheaper version of the 2600k (well, 2600 on your original post)

Edited by Nysba

Also the i7 2600 has extra features that make it more suitable for video processing and converting.

For gaming the core i5-2500 or i5-2500k are currently the best processors.

You should ask the store if putting in an i5-2500 gets the price down significantly.

If the system is pre assembled you might have to pay extra to have it put in, if the difference is close to $100 get the i5

Edited by Erik005

It is not pre assembled but a standard set they make and you can then edit it at wish.

Everyone said that a i7 was better for gaming than a i5 but im not planning on doing any video processing so that would save me 100 euros or something.

Ah well that makes it easier to pay^^

the i7 and the i5 are bascially the same thing when it comes to gaming. the i7 has like 2mb bigger L3 cache. idk what that is, i just know its something to look for in CPUs, but you wont notice the difference. also the i7 has hyper threading which is what makes it good for video editing, but games dont take advantage of hyper threading so its a near useless feature if you only game. other then that they are the same when it comes to gaming, cept the i5 is like $100 cheaper therefore a better choice for gaming.

For price 2500K is won, also 2600K has been intended if your setup using SLI/Xfire..difference 100 MHZ between 2500K and 2600K (with hyperthreading) in benchmark is the same, you can read reviews for both CPUs....here are the Refs : Sandybridge and motherboard chipset that supporting 2600K/2500K, for more details...

If you need more powerful CPU you need waiting for LGA 2011 with X79 chipset (powerful chipset after X58) supporting 4 channels DDR3, so motherboard will using 8 slots memory modul...So there is no powerful chipset for Intel 6 series, as i guess should be X68...

So im getting a new system soon and found a nice deal in a computer store nearby.

CoolerMaster Elite 310 Tower

Intel Core i7 2600 - 3,40GHz - 8MB

4GB Corsair DDR3

1TB - SATA

NVIDIA GeForce GTX560 1GB

USB 3.0, USB 2.0, RJ45 (Gigabit LAN), S/PDIF-out (Optical), 7.1 channel surround sound, VGA, DVI, HDMI

Windows 7 professional

And that for 850 euros.

Is that a good deal?

Hi sworddragon,

well, i wouldn't call it a "good" deal, i think it is a normal price for a retail all in one pc. Are the 850$ only for the desktop or is there a TFT, mouse, keyboard etc. included? I would think the tower is around 700 - 750$.

Sarah

Edited by Paxan_1