Skyrim vs Witcher 2

uzzui

They are two very different games, the linear style of TW2 lets them the control the story and pacing more than you can with an open world, that of course is at the cost of player freedom. Personally I prefer messing around in open worlds.

Skyrim is an ORPG

The witcher is an RPG

Skyrim was designed to be a *sand box style* game, while the witcher was designed as a traditional role playing game, really pointless comparing the two,

I think of the Witcher as an adventure game with RPG aspects. I like the Witcher series, but to compare it to a TES style RPG is like comparing apples to oranges.

It's kind of silly to bring such a comparison to an Elder Scrolls thread in the first place. People are probably going to have somewhat biased opinions. Like me, I loves me some ES a lot more than the Witcher games. You can have all the pretty graphics, nudity, and lack of character customization you want, I'd still rather play Arena or Oblivion.

• 2 months later...
Fallout 2 was the first game I played that had everything I liked. An open sandbox, different characters and different endings depending on the choices you made. Witcher 2 is a great game as far as the story line and the consequences. I never played Oblivion but from what I read, it sounded like you would just get a better weapon and kill a tougher opponent. No real story. I have found a lot of games that were like that, it didn't matter how you played it, the ending was always the same, What I would like to see is one with a story like Witcher, and the freedom like skyrim. If skyrim has a good story and different endings, than I guess that's the one. Edited by halebean