Acrobatics and Atheltics? WTF!

deama

I think I said it over 3 times or so in this post alone that increases the overall movement speed, max carrying weight, how high you can jump and take a fall and more. No offense but it seems that you didn't read earlier posts. Or at least didn't understand them.

well I've seen different threads and they said that it just increases the length at which the player can sprint. Yes I did read earlier posts, yes I understand them; the whole problem was (and probably still is) is that everyone kept on saying either "it increases the length at which one can sprint" or "it increases movement speed"...

Edited by deama

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is both. But running is little impact. (In the Demo Todd was running after Arvel the Swift. If you noticed he wasn't sprinting but was catching up little by little. Then he used Sprint and got him very fast.) Sprinting has a much larger impact. I mean if you had to chase someone and they sprinted how are you supposed to catch them if every character had the same running and sprint speed?

not every character, there is a difference to the weight you carry, the race and some other bs

The only outside force acting upon movement speed that I've seen is your armor class, not carried weight. Camonna has a very valid point there and that's just another reason why, even in such a small measure, movement speed being based in a skill is important.

So why didn't they create a skill called "athletics"? Instead of just squeezing it to stamina.

So it wouldn't be annoying and usless at most parts like in Oblivion.

This.

And because running and jumping to level up was unbalancing, or would be in Skyrim, since in Oblivion everything was unbalanced.