What can be done to stop the violence on the Mexican/Amerian border

kvnchrist

What can we do to stop the bloodshed on both sides of the border. Should we continue the war on drugs, here in the U.S. and continue the overcrowding of American prisons. Should we create a fence, like some have suggested, or should we act as though we have a hostile entity and react to that in the same terms as they have done to others.

End the Drug War. x100

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can we do to stop the bloodshed on both sides of the border. Should we continue the war on drugs, here in the U.S. and continue the overcrowding of American prisons. Should we create a fence, like some have suggested, or should we act as though we have a hostile entity and react to that in the same terms as they have done to others.

Eureka! After all this time, the answer has finally dawned on me. If we are completely unable to end the war on drugs, then I have the perfect solution:

Change the definition of "violence" to explicitly exclude any events surrounding drug cartels. Perfect! :thumbsup:

Huge wall similar to the Great Wall of China going all the way from Texas to California, perhaps? :P Then possibly increasing the security and giving them chain guns to guard the border. Maybe overkill, but I doubt it. Chain guns are very effective from what I hear :rolleyes: Legalizing drugs would be the worst thing I'd see.

That, or just block off the US from the border entirely. That would solve one problem at least.

It probably could be reduced to a minimum if something was done, but never entirely erased unless something major happened.

Pen and Teller's Bullsh*t showed pretty clearly how fences were ineffective at securing borders. I think they had some illegals build a section of fence as outlined in one of the major proposed bills. They built the wall/fence in a few hours, then they put the fences to the test, and I'm pretty sure all 5 or 6 of the illegals got through/over/under the fence in 30 to 40 seconds.

As for chain-guns, how does that not constitute "violence"? http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/psyduck.gif

Huge wall similar to the Great Wall of China going all the way from Texas to California, perhaps? :P Then possibly increasing the security and giving them chain guns to guard the border. Maybe overkill, but I doubt it. Chain guns are very effective from what I hear :rolleyes: Legalizing drugs would be the worst thing I'd see.

That, or just block off the US from the border entirely. That would solve one problem at least.

It probably could be reduced to a minimum if something was done, but never entirely erased unless something major happened.

Why is legalizing drugs the 'worst thing'? Marijuana was legal up until the mid 60's....... it's no better or worse than tobacco, or alcohol. Cocaine is always going to be imported. There is no stopping it. Where there is a demand, there will be those willing to take the risks to supply it. Drugs simply will NOT be stopped. Never happen. The "War on Drugs" is unwinable. instead of spending billions every year on what is in fact a lost cause, why not legalize them, and tax them, thereby turning what is no a major drain on our economy, into a boon?

Pen and Teller's Bullsh*t showed pretty clearly how fences were ineffective at securing borders. I think they had some illegals build a section of fence as outlined in one of the major proposed bills. They built the wall/fence in a few hours, then they put the fences to the test, and I'm pretty sure all 5 or 6 of the illegals got through/over/under the fence in 30 to 40 seconds.

As for chain-guns, how does that not constitute "violence"? http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/psyduck.gif

Chainguns would be for defense, therefore, it isn't really "violence". :D

Lets kill them all because they think the USA is a good country!

Like seriously, murdering immigrants shouldn't even be in the discussion. Even if its meant as a joke, its not the best thing to say.

They aren't legally immigrants, they would be technically classified as invaders.

Like seriously, murdering immigrants shouldn't even be in the discussion. Even if its meant as a joke, its not the best thing to say.

They aren't legally immigrants, they would be technically classified as invaders.

They do not have weapons and they are not taking part in a military action or a any kind of action to harm the country.

They do not have weapons and they are not taking part in a military action or a any kind of action to harm the country.

Some of them do indeed have weapons. True, they are not members of a national military. Illegals do a great deal of harm to our country. I will let you do your own research on that aspect, there is plenty of information out there.

Some of them do indeed have weapons. True, they are not members of a national military. Illegals do a great deal of harm to our country. I will let you do your own research on that aspect, there is plenty of information out there.

So we should kill them? I can name a number of people and groups that harm the country way more then illegals do.

They are not intentionally harming the country. Illegals with weapons are not going to use them against the government unless they are part of a criminal organization. It would not be considered a military invasion.

I don't support killing anyone who is not purposely causing harm to others.

Edited by marharth