What can be done to stop the violence on the Mexican/Amerian border

kvnchrist

Maybe I play too many shooters but chain guns are a very good form of defense if you can aim :P

If the illegal (should've said that) drugs were legalized I don't think it would be good. Sure, we'd make money off taxing it, but imagine what it would be like if there we hundreds of people who were high running around. Besides, it damages the brain and lungs and other organs...

Should be up to personal choice if we kill ourselves.

Don't see anyone wanting to make tobacco or alcohol illegal...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though this IS a DOMESTIC problem in Mexico, the US can ill afford to ignore it.

No one is happy at all with horror that has/is taking place in Mexico and the urge to band together and blow the purpetrators to kingdom come

is definitely something that should be looked at as a joint operation between the two governments.

Legalising drugs isn't going to make the situation go away either because then you're going to have gang wars as to who gets to sell their

product across the border.

The Cartels are not going to give each other a chance and then wait for their turn because there's 5 other guys also selling their stuff.

"Hey Pedro, it was your turn last month, now it's mine.

Eh sorry man, please essa (pronounced essay - dude) go ahead, I don't know what I was thinking.

No problem essa, we're cool."

Nope, those lines between Cartels belong in some fantasy flick.

They are not going to play nice, they are simply going to kill each other off to claim their dominance.

Remember that they're in it for the money, not because they are a charity and if they are killing now, they will kill later, to get more of the stuff.

With this in mind, what's to stop the Cartels from accepting money from a terrorist group wanting to smuggle weapons of mass destructuion across the border ?

This is the real threat.

As for a solution, a buffer zone between 2 to 3 miles between Mexico and the US should be established, whereby joint military patrols man the border.

Anyone found in this zone will be arrested, no questions asked.

Just a thought here, as i am familiar with such things, the Mexican government isn't really going to try stopping the violence because the flipside

of the saga is that much needed money is flowing into their country.

Through the sale of drugs and when the Illegas send money home to Mamma, so why on earth stop it ?

Sure they'll kick the furniture a bit and scream and yell but it's just another means of bringing home the bacon.

Edited by Nintii

Why would anyone buy drugs from cartels if drugs were made legal?

Price ......

Drugs would be massively cheaper, why would anyone buy more expensive drugs?

Cartels charge a lot more due to risk, being secretive, and not having the best environments always for growing s***.

Would be a lot cheaper if it could be grown out in the open and grown completely properly. Even with taxes it would be massively cheaper.

Maybe I play too many shooters but chain guns are a very good form of defense if you can aim :P

If the illegal (should've said that) drugs were legalized I don't think it would be good. Sure, we'd make money off taxing it, but imagine what it would be like if there we hundreds of people who were high running around. Besides, it damages the brain and lungs and other organs...

So does tobacco. So does Alcohol. So do car accidents. So do professional sports. So does breathing in Gary Indiana. Shall we make all of those illegal as well?

Price ......

Cartels charge a lot more due to risk, being secretive, and not having the best environments always for growing s***.

Would be a lot cheaper if it could be grown out in the open and grown completely properly. Even with taxes it would be massively cheaper.

First of all your arguement has got nothing to do with topic at hand, - What can be done to stop the violence on the Mexican/American border.

Secondly, wanting to legalise drugs is not very wise, drugs are not cool, drugs are destructive, and by intimating otherwise you're giving the youth who visit this site harmful and bad information

The Nexus does not promote or advocate the use of drugs or think that it's ok to say so either.

And by saying you want to legalise drugs or that they should be legalised isn't very bright - check your earlier posts.

I don't think that you've had multiple personal and very close friends die because of the stuff, I've had more than 10.

Even smoking something as "light" as pot/marijuana is stupid, even though it does not contain nicotine, it contains and I quote;

"Marijuana contains some of the highest cancer causing substances known. It contains carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, acetone, benzene, toluene, vinyl chloride, dimethylnitrosamine, methylethylnitrosamine,

benz(a)anthracene, benz(a)pyrene, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, and many more." (Huber, Gary: Pharm.Biochem.Behavior Vol.40. P.630, 1991.) ............ end quote.

And as a male you should carefully take note that it also causes erection problems as you get older, and I quote;

"It is unclear whether fertility can recover after you stop taking cannabis. THC can store in human fat for a long period, so if your sex motivation disappears it might never go back to normal.

Scientists and doctors advise men not to smoke pot. The same advice concerns women because marijuana can affect many systems in the body leading to horrible consequences.

Usually erectile dysfunction happens to heavy cannabis users. Women can experience irregular periods when they smoke marijuana too often. At the same time pot smokers can suffer from dismotivation, ED episodes, absence of sex drive, hormonal changes, aggressiveness and other psyche and body side effects.

Men who like smoking pot might be sexually active, but in bed they can experience fearfulness and anxiety. Marijuana can impair your coordination the way alcohol does. If you don’t want to look “stupid” in front of your woman, don’t smoke weed. Keep in mind that sex requires a lot of coordination and clear mind.

............ end quote.

I'm not even going to waste my time talking about harmful substances like PCP, Cocaine, Heroine or Crack or other substances like Tik (don't ask).

Quotes taken from .... Erectile Dysfunction Treatment . biz and Dr.Gary Huber.

Edited by Nintii

Nintii, Please try reading at least a couple of posts before spouting out your first and second nonsense.. Legalizing drugs would decrease the violence on our border, as most violence is caused by drug cartels. Legalizing drugs would put the cartels out of a job, and therefore the violence on the border will be severely reduced. If you want to debate about legalizing drugs, start another topic about it. :rolleyes:

Price ......

First of all your arguement has got nothing to do with topic at hand, - What can be done to stop the violence on the Mexican/American border.

Secondly, wanting to legalise drugs is not very wise, drugs are not cool, drugs are destructive, and by intimating otherwise you're giving the youth who visit this site harmful and bad information

The Nexus does not promote or advocate the use of drugs or think that it's ok to say so either.

And by saying you want to legalise drugs or that they should be legalised isn't very bright - check your earlier posts.

I don't think that you've had multiple personal and very close friends die because of the stuff, I've had more than 10.

Even smoking something as "light" as pot/marijuana is stupid, even though it does not contain nicotine, it contains and I quote;

"Marijuana contains some of the highest cancer causing substances known. It contains carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, acetone, benzene, toluene, vinyl chloride, dimethylnitrosamine, methylethylnitrosamine,

benz(a)anthracene, benz(a)pyrene, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, and many more." (Huber, Gary: Pharm.Biochem.Behavior Vol.40. P.630, 1991.) ............ end quote.

And as a male you should carefully take note that it also causes erection problems as you get older, and I quote;

"It is unclear whether fertility can recover after you stop taking cannabis. THC can store in human fat for a long period, so if your sex motivation disappears it might never go back to normal.

Scientists and doctors advise men not to smoke pot. The same advice concerns women because marijuana can affect many systems in the body leading to horrible consequences.

Usually erectile dysfunction happens to heavy cannabis users. Women can experience irregular periods when they smoke marijuana too often. At the same time pot smokers can suffer from dismotivation, ED episodes, absence of sex drive, hormonal changes, aggressiveness and other psyche and body side effects.

Men who like smoking pot might be sexually active, but in bed they can experience fearfulness and anxiety. Marijuana can impair your coordination the way alcohol does. If you don’t want to look “stupid” in front of your woman, don’t smoke weed. Keep in mind that sex requires a lot of coordination and clear mind.

............ end quote.

I'm not even going to waste my time talking about harmful substances like PCP, Cocaine, Heroine or Crack or other substances like Tik (don't ask).

So why not make tobacco and alcohol illegal as well? You don't need to explain that drugs are "bad", we all know that.

If your visiting the debate section I can assume your intelligent enough to not smoke or harm yourself like that. There is a intelligent sixteen year old that visits this forum as well, its not like he is going to go off doing crack because we discuss it.

I would also like to point out the nexus probably does advocate the legalizing of drugs due to the owners views. Not sure how Dark0ne feels about it but it seems to me he would probably support it based on some of his other posts.

Also the source you refer to (Huber, Gary: Pharm.Biochem.Behavior Vol.40. P.630, 1991) is in no way trustworthy. Could you refer to where you got that from? I could only find a text based website and it didn't seem this person had any credentials or was backing up his words with studies or any evidence.

I don't see why it is not up to personal choice what you want to do. Smoking weed should be a personal choice, not the choice of a government. If drugs were made legal, as I said before, cartels would lose massive profit and some would disappear. It would save our prison system a ton of money. It would give revenue increases.

The only con is that people can get hurt at their own choice, but you can get hurt from smoking tobacco and drinking as well. Its your choice what you want to do with yourself.

Price ......

............ end quote.

Please show me ONE case where marijuana (pure, not mixed with something) has caused cancer. (Might be, I haven't look everywhere.)

I have never heard of it. They say THC cured/destroyed cancer cells.

Here is a quote for you:

"Tashkin's team interviewed 1,212 cancer patients from the Los Angeles County Cancer Surveillance program, matched for age, gender, and neighborhood with 1,040 cancer-free controls. Marijuana use was measured in "joint years" (number of years smoked times number of joints per day).

It turned out that increased marijuana use did not result in higher rates of lung and pharyngeal cancer, whereas tobacco smokers were at greater risk the more they smoked. Tobacco smokers who also smoked marijuana were at slightly lower risk of getting lung cancer than tobacco-only smokers."

- http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2011/01/worth_repeating_smoking_cannabis_does_not_cause_lu.php

EDIT: Btw, are you saying because some gets worse in bed, the drug should be ILLEGAL? That's clearly a choice that doesn't hurt anyone.

Edited by Alexx378