Is Oblivion modding taken over by perverts?

danjako43

I always just shake my head when people rationalize their preference for the skimpy, slutty female armor by saying something like, "If I'm going to have to stare at a character's butt for so many hours (days), I'd just as soon it be hot."

Really? Do you actually get some sort of gratification from a video game avatar? Having the entire internet with which to satisfy you every erotic viewing pleasure, it still has to permeate other areas of your life so? Even your video games?

Don't get me wrong, I am very much a "different strokes for different folks" (pun intended) type of guy, but letting that mentality affect the extent to which you enjoy a video game is beyond cheapening for both the player and for the game publisher for catering to it in the first place.

Personally, I very much prefer a much more pronounced line between an immersive RPG game play experience and a guilty pleasure.

4) I am a 40 year old, straight female with children and married. I use a lot of the skimpy mods for my female characters and skimpy for my male when I play those (rarely.)

So what does that say about me I wonder?

Age doesn't always equate maturity :tongue:

Not another thread like this. :rolleyes:

Not everyone likes spiky heavy-duty armor that makes you look like a muscle-macho. If you don't like it, make your own mod. If you like "interactive" sex then go play redlightzone or whatever.

Oh and btw I think the revealing armors are "cool", so that's one vote against you already bud, that makes your vote null already.

And another comment like this. :ermm: Everyone is entitled to an opinion within reason. No-one has to read it if they don't like it just the same as the tired old comment "don't download or look if you don't like it." That statement is true, but it really is getting old and boring when it's used as a stock phrase to shut people up. It more or less says don't bother speaking unless you agree with the majority because your opinion or choices are valueless.

Oh and btw I think the revealing armors are "cool", so that's one vote against you already bud, that makes your vote null already.

Not everyone agrees do they? Maybe that's one vote against you and your vote null and void except this isn't a poll. I happen to like some skimpy gear as well, but there is a limit. But why would I bother explaining myself.

Quasimojo,

Personally, I very much prefer a much more pronounced line between an immersive RPG game play experience and a guilty pleasure.

I agree and if people have to keep justifying their preferences, especially when questioned, or I should perhaps say queried in a thread like this, I think that says something more revealing. No pun intended.

To the OP,

If you want the bodies and can't find the sex animations and mods...you're not searching enough. They are here, there and everywhere and not difficult to find if that's your scene. Personally, SIM sex in a game like Oblivion or any rpg for that matter, interests me about as much as watching paint dry.

Quests and adventure are more my thing and before anyone brings up that other tired phrase about "blood and violence" when these topics are started, not all games rely on gore and severed limbs, yet still have an immersion factor.

Edited by Maigrets

4) I am a 40 year old, straight female with children and married. I use a lot of the skimpy mods for my female characters and skimpy for my male when I play those (rarely.)

Well bless your heart..aren't you a funny one too!

Well bless your heart..aren't you a funny one too!

;D I don't necessarily mean you, I'm just saying :teehee: :tongue:

*snip*

Maigrets, I completely agree with you, so that makes you have a +1 on your vote, since we're counting votes or something now?

Edited by lonewolf_kai

http://www.clanram.com/forums/attachments/f11/1228d1287291494-rams-chargers-game-aired-la-beat_dead_horse.jpg

http://www.clanram.com/forums/attachments/f11/1228d1287291494-rams-chargers-game-aired-la-beat_dead_horse.jpg

You just made my point for me with one image. Well done. :rolleyes:

@ lonewolf_kai

:no: Nah, that was just a response to the post I was quoting. As I said it's not a poll so we don't vote.

You just made my point for me with one image. Well done. :rolleyes:

@ lonewolf_kai

:no: Nah, that was just a response to the post I was quoting. As I said it's not a poll so we don't vote.

Oh I know, I was sort of adding sarcasm towards the poster, Heartcloud, you quoted.

Edited by lonewolf_kai