What are the best Vanilla-friendly mods?

Hidole555

I've recently started playing Oblivion again and I'd appreciate it if anyone could point me in the direction of some mods that "fit in" to the game better than most. The mods that I already plan on getting are all the Unofical patches and Kvatch Rebuilt. But that's all I can think of/find. I don't want combat overhauls or 10GB enhanced graphics. It's hard for me to describe but I guess what I'm looking for is for mods that focus on immersion but doesn't do anything DRASTIC like Better Cities. I couldn't even recognize the Market district after I got that one! Can anyone help?

If what you mean is "lore friendly"...

Try Integration - The Stranded Lightor The Lost Spires .

Integration requires a few other mods to be added - the Race Balancing Project and LAME are, while not 100% as per the vanilla game, worth considering as they don't lead to overpowered and/or game-breaking characters.

Those two should keep you busy for a while...

If you're looking for a lore-friendly companion, consider Companion Vilja. She's not from some fantastical race, has plenty of advice, gossips about her past, and shows a convincing background based on the provinces as they are, not as anyone else might want them to be by adding new content.

Integration requires a few other mods to be added - the Race Balancing Project and LAME are, while not 100% as per the vanilla game, worth considering as they don't lead to overpowered and/or game-breaking characters.

Check the ModDB page for it theres a no requirements beta available there Edited by JCP768

As I said in another thread, recently I've been sticking to mods that fit in with the look and feel of the game and, for lack of a better phrase, "don't look like mods".

Here are some of the mods currently in my load order, I think they really work well with this concept:

Mods with big quests:

• Kvatch Rebuilt
  • The Lost Spires
  • Several village mods by Arthmoor (Vergayun, Frostcrag Village, and Feldscar)
  • The Old Crow Inn

Villages, Towns, Inns (some have quests, some don't):

• Region Revive: Lake Rumare
  • A Legion Outpost - Fort Novi Sad
  • A Legion Outpost - Fort Nova Varos
  • Cyrodiil Inns
  • To Feed an Empire - Wickmere Farm
  • Verwen Brewery
  • Gottshaw Village

Minor stuff for atmosphere:

• A Ship Near Anvil
  • The Imperial Battleship
  • Bruma Guild Reconstructed
  • Council of Mages Reconvened

Clothes and Shops (note that I am not currently using a body replacer, so these are all for the vanilla body):

• Vahis Wardrobe
  • Knightly Armory
  • Travelers Cloaks
  • Brocade Clothes
  • Elegant Vests by Kafeid
  • Vermilion and Silverthorn Robes by Kafeid
  • Dark Rose Armor by Kafeid
  • Sinbloods Widows Dress
  • Black Courtesan Dress

Cosmetic / Graphics:

• IFT Improved Facial Textures
  • Facial Textures by Enayla
  • Vibrant Bodytextures Femmes
  • Glass Armor & Weapon Retex (by Kalikut, get it here - makes glass armor and weapons the same color as in Morrowind)
  • Toeless Elven Boots
  • Vampire Race Disabler (removes the shader and the aging effect, leaves the eyes / fangs / morphs, fixes the bug where female vampire PCs turn into hideous males)

I'm sure I am forgetting some, but those are ones I consider indispensable.

Edited by InAComaDial999