Musket

meh5546

So I've been looking around on the internet and seeing a good number of musket mod ideas. Now I personally would love to have a musket in Oblivion, and I have an idea that I don't know if it will work or not. I've noticed that the downfall of many of them have been that they haven't been able to get a custom animation. Would it be possible to transfer the musket animation from some game like Battlegrounds 2 or something? Now I really have no clue how to mod but would be willing to do as much as I can to help. Any help will be welcome and I would really love to see a quality musket mod made. Thank :biggrin: Edited by meh5546

Transfering things from other games and publicly uploading them is against the rules of the site and considered illegal.

Really I don't see the point of guns in the Elder Scrolls anyways, I mean, really, we can shoot fire, ice, or lightning out of our hands. Why would we need guns in a world like that :P

Because some people don't play mages :P

Rudimentary firearms would be awesome to have. I have made some cannons, would you be interested in that?

Transfering things from other games and publicly uploading them is against the rules of the site and considered illegal.

Really I don't see the point of guns in the Elder Scrolls anyways, I mean, really, we can shoot fire, ice, or lightning out of our hands. Why would we need guns in a world like that :P

Because some people don't play mages :P

Rudimentary firearms would be awesome to have. I have made some cannons, would you be interested in that?

No... not really I mean it might be cool just I don't know I got the idea of a musket and thought well since everyone's having problems with the animations I had that idea but if that's illegal maybe it's a bad idea.

And also LordFrostcraig if you think about it like it also defeats the purpose of a bow.

Edited by meh5546

Exactly. Ranged weapons are useless in ES pretty much, because unlike with bows, you have unlimited RECHARGING ammo, whereas with a bow you have to buy arrows.

I occasionally take out a bow for fun though. I usually fight with a sword however. I will admit, a gun would be cool to see, but it wouldn't be too useful like the bow :P (I play as a mix of all characters, grinding my magical, fighting, and stealth skills. I never use blunts so they aren't maxed however...)

Exactly. Ranged weapons are useless in ES pretty much, because unlike with bows, you have unlimited RECHARGING ammo, whereas with a bow you have to buy arrows.

I occasionally take out a bow for fun though. I usually fight with a sword however. I will admit, a gun would be cool to see, but it wouldn't be too useful like the bow :P (I play as a mix of all characters, grinding my magical, fighting, and stealth skills. I never use blunts so they aren't maxed however...)

Yea, I use those things too not too much stealth though I don't use that very often. But I'm not exactly sure why I want a musket it would just be fun to use one.

One of the strengths of Bows is that even though you have to buy ammo, at higher levels it's easy to kite people around, especially with a higher speed, not to mention it takes less than a second to notch your bow, even less time to aim it. That's where I think Muskets could come in. It takes a couple seconds to load a rifle or musket (well it takes a lot of seconds really, but for gameplay purposes we'll just have it at a couple seconds.) so you won't have as many shots, but you'd probably do more damage with a gun than a bow. Therefor the damage per second wouldn't be affected too much.

Another, easier way to go about it would to simply throw bows out altogether. Replace all the bow animations with a rifle/musket animation and replace all the bows with muskets (Iron muskets for iron bows, steel muskets for steel bows, so on) and replace arrows with musket balls. Keep the aforementioned effects like the slower notching speed and greater damage.

This would be something interesting to do but not really for "serious" files, unless you give the musket a realistic load time plus maybe something like separate items you need for the gun (you have to purchase ammo (iron balls or something) and you could equip them like arrows and they just appear as a leather bag or pouch on your side, gunpowder would also be another thing you could purchase and for every X shots you could use up X ammt of gun powder, and also the packing stick witch would work like a repair hammer (after so long it breaks and you need a new one).) now that would probably make it more worth it to the serious game players.

Just a thought.....

• 3 weeks later...