Transparent Texture Help

ianzb

I'm trying to achieve an effect similar to that of the Wraith on the Madness Longsword, Arrow, and Bow. I'm not having much success. I either end up with a light gray, matte black, or totally transparent texture. If someone could help me out or tell me what I need to do, I would really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to take screen shots in game. I don't think they would really help any way. I can tell you that I'm using Photoshop CS5 with the NVidia dds plugin. Saving the standard skin with the DXT3 extension, but I have no idea which extensions to use for the "_n" and "_g" skins, or if the "_g" skin is even needed for a semi-transparent skin.

_n is the normal map. It shows the scratches 3d in game. For example the cuts on an armor, which is not modelled, but with normal maps it looks like as it was modelled.

_g is the glow map. It does what it says. Ingame it lights the non-black part of the glowmap texture.

_n would need the special function of the Nvidia plugin, in the filters dropdown menu the last one, called Normal Map Filter, then save it as DXT3.

Glow needs that you paint the whole thing black, and paint out that part, that you want to glow. And save it as DXT1.