Angel Park

G3Marksman943

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not just about credits between modders and modders, thats what I was trying to say in previous.

Admittedly, I am viewing this from the point of an end user, but it seems to me:

1. The benefit to software companies in having a strong modding community is that savvy game players will buy their games when they know extra mod community materials will be there to extend game life and enjoyability.

2. Mod makers are rewarded when others appreciate their work and give them praise (and endorsements). Artists like having others see their work.

3. People borrow from one another. The history of science and invention is built upon what has come before. They are able to see over the wall because they are standing on the shoulders of past giants.

4. Computer enthusiasts have traditionally been a sharing lot. Their line of demarcation has been usage in a not-for-profit manner. This has lead to things such as General Public Licenses - use and alter, but then share the results.

5. A working bird in the hand is worth at least as much as a potential in-progress bird in the bush. Losing good work defeats the purpose of both #1 & 2 listed above. Let both birds live and prosper for the best outcome.

6. The approach of a parsimonious English professor bent on punishing plagiarism is ultimately not helpful to the end user.

Anyone knows whats up with dogtown? I could try and make a new landscape (and LOD to boot) to put the contents of the mod in, as that stuff is quite easy to me now. Then you just need to move the references and such. If anyone could try and get in contact with him with my offer, we could try to get this re released.

Anyone knows whats up with dogtown? I could try and make a new landscape (and LOD to boot) to put the contents of the mod in, as that stuff is quite easy to me now. Then you just need to move the references and such. If anyone could try and get in contact with him with my offer, we could try to get this re released.

I dont know, but according to the angel park thread he had is private message thing turned off. dogtown appears to have friended the guy who's claiming infringment, so maybe we'll get lucky and they'll work it out.

I have a suggestion. Since you guys obviously have no idea what you're talking about, why don't you quit with the conjecture?

Sorry, I just didn't even know anything had happened until I saw this... Hope it all turns out well...

OK, I am one of the authors of Angel Park. I created most of the interior locations (or at least cluttered them) wrote all the notes, made the ammo etc...

I can say I have had email confimation from the author of Sun Valley that Angel Park has not been copied. The bridge area is just very similar coz it was based on that mod. I can confirm this from my own playthroughs.

The last I heard the mod was still down beacuse the moderators were looking into other objects.

This brings me onto my next question.

When will you be done moderating our file?

No-one has contacted me apart from Dogtown and Kevin since this began and I have been left completely in the dark. I would really like to know if this mod is ever going to be released again coz I put months of work into it and since I am an author (and credited as such) I have the right to ask.

EDIT: I now know this is not the case and a section of the land was copied. For the record I did not intend to mislead anyone, I just totally misinterpreted a message (though it's all been solved long ago). I apologise for any confusion caused.

I am currently trying to re-obtain permissions for the use of a lot of modded FO3 objects used in Angel Park which need a special permission to be allowed onto other games (such as FNV). Once this is done hopefully we can get Angel Park back online again.