30 min demo and prerelease question

Treltic

I think the main reason he didn't venture further into the water is because flowing water now has a pushing effect on the player and had he gone in over his head it would have carried him down stream and away from his focused path in the demo, screwing up the flow of the presentation.

That could be very true. Oblivion had the Tech to do it. (Of course they didn't use it like the trees move to the wind, they originally had they deleted that whole. The water physics was still in TESCS somewhat so modders could use it. Forget what happened to it. I think when the latest TESCS came out they removed it.) Liberation of Cybaides I think used it. It could very well be possible that this is why.

I think the main reason he didn't venture further into the water is because flowing water now has a pushing effect on the player and had he gone in over his head it would have carried him down stream and away from his focused path in the demo, screwing up the flow of the presentation.

Interesting, I haven't read or heard that tidbit on water physics yet. Do you have an idea of where to send me to check out that info?

One of the hands on previews describes entering a river and being swept away. http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/08/08/quakecon-2011-skyrim-hands-on-previews/ Forgive me for not searching through them all to pin point the exact one.

I agree with what you said more than it being something negative. Either he was teasing or it was an Alpha build like you said and he was not prepared for the outcry for a watery excursion. I bet they thought "god they care about the water that much" but fans of this series are different than any other video games I have ever seen. People truly are thrilled and they becomes like little kids (myself included).

Anyway, I hope they do the internet release video teasers again but aside from that I will hang out here and try to keep up on new info.

And in regards to fish in the water. Hopefully we can get some fishing in there or at least some bow fishing.

Yeah fishing in Zelda was a highlight for me as well. I know with all they are doing it might be hard but I hope they can add it. I know in the demo as he showed the salmon meat it talked about them being in the water. I think there will have to be fishing or at least another way to kill them. I know some people think it may be like slaughter fish but I thought they were mainly in deeper water and the demo looked shallow.

I also agree that he probably did not want to get off the course to much. I just hope it was because they wanted to do the best showing and keep things secretive and not because glitches lay around every corner.

Even if there were a bunch of potential glitches, it was an Alpha build in the demo. Hopefully, things like that will be ironed out for release...and from the looks of it, that water was carrying him FAST! I'd jump out, too, if I though it would disrupt the demo.

Even if there were a bunch of potential glitches, it was an Alpha build in the demo. Hopefully, things like that will be ironed out for release...and from the looks of it, that water was carrying him FAST! I'd jump out, too, if I though it would disrupt the demo.

The water was going fast and yeah glitches will be there even in the final version. With a game this big the odds of having zero problems have to be impossible. I am just not worried. There were no game breaking problems for me with Oblivion. Except on my Xbox version there was this house I could not get and I remember being sad about it but on the computer it was fine.

They are doing so many things that I am excited about that are seemingly small but make all the difference. I have heard about relationships, pets, jobs and all the house owning things. That is not including big things like combat, spell improvements and the leveling system. The story is a real important part to me that I have not seen much about except for the very basics of it.

I know everyone is probably tired of reading about dragons but hearing they were not scripted was a highlight for me.

I saw this slide show today if anyone wants to see it. Of course all of the pictures can be found on this site as well. But all of them in one video was nice.

Characters