Would you have an animal companion?

Omeletter

I've read somewhere that animals as companions are available. There is even a screenie of a Dark elf with a dog. So the question is, would you have pet companions?

I probably would, but I wouldn't take it into dangerous areas. My dog would sit at home most of the time. Or I would go for a walk with it around towns, villages, etc.

I'd probably have a dog or some kind of a monster, but you know that in Oblivion Shivering Ilse you can get a dog from a quest

and yes there is probably going to be an animal companion of some kind in Skyrim :thumbsup:

After seeing that dog in the pic with the female dunmer...defanatly, i just hope the ai is better, becouse i certainly dont want to see my puppy aggroing a whole dungeon.

Would be nice to have more commands to give to your companions, to direct their style of fighting and agresivity.

As i will be playing a stealthy character, would be awesome to give my dog a command to attack some bandit and he would recognize my stealthy fighting style, wich would made him instead of running at an enemy, carefully crouch to make a critical sneak bite :teehee:

Edited by pavy

I'll need to make a mod to get me a a psycho bunny pet that turns the tables and chases the wolves... Or just a placid bunny to sleep on my girl's lap by a warm fire after a hard day questing will do.

Guest deleted649591

If they do companions like Dragon Age does, where they only get knocked out and if you survive the battle they can get back up, then companions can be fun.

HOWEVER, if companions perminately die, then they are a total waste of time. Instead of focusing on fighter monster X I'll be trying to figure out how to keep my dog alive. That's not how it's supposed to work.

I would totally have a companion if we don't have a situation like what Dagon69 said.

HOWEVER, if companions perminately die, then they are a total waste of time. Instead of focusing on fighter monster X I'll be trying to figure out how to keep my dog alive. That's not how it's supposed to work.

So true. If companions can die, I don't think I would ever do anything with mine.