Would you have an animal companion?

Omeletter

Maybe if there would be some system implemented to upgrade thier abilities, like being more resistant to weapons or having better dodge abilities, also the AI has a big role in this, even when you will have an immortal companion if he/she/it is going to headlessly charge into battle, rather then being usefull you will be spammed by the " <name> is unconcious" message.

I would like them to remain killable, that way you have to take care of them, becouse you will just think after every battle "let's wait untill he/she/it regains conciousness" ..wich kinda kills the immersion in my eyes.

Though taking care of them shouldnt go into a level where it starts to be a chore :wallbash:

Edited by pavy

Nah, since in Oblivion, if you used a mod for an animal companion it always went downhill. If you run too fast the animal won't keep up and by the time your fight is over your pet will arrive. I'll play solo.

Nah, since in Oblivion, if you used a mod for an animal companion it always went downhill. If you run too fast the animal won't keep up and by the time your fight is over your pet will arrive. I'll play solo.

Enter console, click on companion type setav speed (number here)

Now the companion is as fast as you want

HOWEVER, if companions perminately die, then they are a total waste of time. Instead of focusing on fighter monster X I'll be trying to figure out how to keep my dog alive. That's not how it's supposed to work.

It'd be okay if you could get, say, a trained wolf by training any random wild wolf. That way companions could come and go and if they died and you were attached to them it'd just add to your rping experience but you could always get another.

If they're unique companions and they can die though, then I'd agree that they'd need to be essential.

I've read somewhere that animals as companions are available.

Wow, I've never heard of this "companion" idea to be introduced into Skyrim ... The idea isn't even mentioned or touched upon on any of the interviews or gameplay footages I've seen this past month. Very interesting ... If you have any more additional information (links and what not) would love to see them like.

HOWEVER, if companions perminately die, then they are a total waste of time. Instead of focusing on fighter monster X I'll be trying to figure out how to keep my dog alive. That's not how it's supposed to work.

Totally agree. They should definitely have some way of either, retrieving them (once they've been slain) through a spell or a shrine of some sort - spread around the map.

I think it would be awesome to have a pet hawk companion that can perch on your shoulder...and maybe you can have a magical clairvoyant link for a certain distance away where you can see what it sees! Someone mod this in please! Haha