Nexus redesign finalised, launching next week

Dark0ne

The new look is completely unpleasant + the IE users encounter a lot of problems. E.g I can't view the comments on files, I have to use the steam browser to able to view the site correctly...

This is not fair, for the love of God please bring back the old design...many many members will start to leave, as for me, when I saw the new page I was happy, but after 10 seconds it became my bigges dissapointment that occured this year :(

P.S. I loved and I still love the nexus community, but with this site design...I do not have words to describe what I feel now....

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After taking a look at all the sites, I think the contrast is still off for NVNexus, TESNexus, and DANexus. FO3Nexus and WitcherNexus both have the perfect contrast. It's easy on the eyes so I don't feel like I'm darting around the page trying to find a natural place to for my eyes to focus.

I noticed you went to a duller orange on TESNexus and it's helped from where it was before but it's still too bright on the title bars. On NVNexus, maybe a brown would be more consistent with both the game colors and help with contrast. On DANexus, the maroon just needs to be toned down so it doesn't end up looking pinkish in the title bars.

Also, can you put a little + or something next to the search field in the top so that we can easily access Advanced Search without the navigation buttons? I would also like to see the Top Files box on the right side of the strip above the Newest files since it doesn't seem to be there all the time and it's more useful to me than Latest Files and Latest News.

Edited by nuclearsean

Wow - ugly, slow, and less functional all at once. Due, you say, to a lack of imagination about how to implement new features which I suspect, if polled, most users would in fact not want. Sounds like you are well on your way to becoming a modern game developer for any one of a number of consoles.

Prior to this change I was considering a premium membership to make downloads less of a hassle - but now that I cannot get basic information about mods as quickly there is really no point. You do know that most people don't play FNV on phones and therefore don't need a narrow "blog strip" design?

Personally I don't like this *orange* color. Especially with black background. This makes eyes being tired. Perhaps variations of grey or blue would look much more pleasant?

The links to *Files/Discussion/etc* were much more handy in the previous version imho.

Edited by Mur_Zik

Gotta say I am very disappointed with the new Nexus, had such high hopes. The new aesthetic feels like 'commercial bubblegum soda pop', and is hard to look at for long periods of time.

The layout no longer scales. I know this was planned but I feel the tradeoff was not worth it.

What happened to the file details in File Tracking?

The old layout of the site felt more pragmatic, easy to use and navigate. Now things feel like a clutterfest, key links are reduced to Icons with mouseover text (Like the 'Comments' links)

I'm worried that rather than growing on me, this new design is more likely to turn me off of the Nexus...

I'll give it time, I know its brand new... Just feels like some of the fundamentals are way off right out the gate :/

Hmm...the site looks very pedestrian now. I guess I will get used to its unpleasant layout, but one thing is certain...that color must go away yesterday. Unless this is a placeholder for the real format, I must say at the very least try to arrange the site as close to the old one as the new code permits.

I understand the concept of making changes for efficiency and money savings...but try not to poke our eyes out in the process of achieving such goals.

Edited by lordlunacy