Distant Land LOD glitch

MrLamar

Hello!

Im having a problem where if i have the "Distant Lands" option selected in the video settings, the LOD textures show up when they are right next to me, instead of only showing up far away. Like all LOD textures, i can walk right through them and can see the real land textures beneath them. How do i fix this problem?

I have an ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series. When the launcher auto-detects my graphic settings it always puts it to Very Low, but i know that I could run it on Very High with no problems at all.

I also tried reinstalling the game, but it was no luck. Im using the steam version of the game, if it makes a difference.

Also, the landscape textures are all messed up. Each quad has only 1 texture in it, but i assume its supposed to be mixed textures. Sometimes the landscape will go from grass directly to sand, so im able to see each quad clearly because there is a straight line between them when it changes textures.

Turning off the distant lands gets rid of the LOD problem, but im still stuck with the screwed up landscape texures

I really want to play the game, but with these problems i dont know if i can. Any suggestions of what else i should do?

Edited by MrLamar

The game sees you vid card as an Old NVidia FX5700.... which would barely run the game..... so, it sets EVERYTHING to very minimal specs. If you have the correct launcher, you can run on ultra, and it should fix a fair few of your issues.