OBGE help?

Goliath978

I'm using Wrye Bash, tried it manually but didn't work. Tried it with Wry bash, still didn't work. I did this: downloaded OBGEv3 core and Standalone. Copied the archives into my Wry Bash, installed them. Copied the extracted files into my data folder also just for overkill. Enabled the "Oblivion Graphics Extender (support?)" in the list. Created a shaderlist.txt in the shaders folder and put in just one effect: HBAO.fx (or HBOA.fx)...booted up the game with "OBSE loader". Got an error message called, "the program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

The game still started and ran perfectly...but OBGE didn't work. The one effect I put in the shaderlist didn't work: HBAO.

How can I get it to work? I have a win7 64bit quad core 3,2GHz with NVIDIA GT230 graphics card.

I should mention I am using ENB series...if that matters...

Edited by Goliath978

In the OBGE core package is a folder with the missing directx dll. Copy it to the correct place in your windows installation if needed (I suspect the details are in the readme html file provided with OBGE - you DID read it, did you?)

I installed OBGE manually mainly because wrye bash didnt found any installation files O.o (i do know how to use it)

Your problem seems to be missing dll file so i'd say you need to open that extra folder where you downloaded core files. Copy & paste d3dx9_43.dll to Oblivion/Data folder, and get this

it solves most coming problems.

I installed OBGE manually mainly because wrye bash didnt found any installation files O.o (i do know how to use it)

Your problem seems to be missing dll file so i'd say you need to open that extra folder where you downloaded core files. Copy & paste d3dx9_43.dll to Oblivion/Data folder, and get this

it solves most coming problems.

I updated to directX and stopped getting the error...but none of the effects I put into shaderlist.txt work. Do I just type them in? Like: "HBAO.fx"

I don't see what else I'm doing wrong.

put all shaders to shaders folders and see.

Also read install help few times, it tells how to play with shaderlists and other ini settings. Also go to /my games/oblivion and see what your shaderpack is in the renderrerinfo menu (if its something like 4 or 7 then you need to delete oblivion.ini from this same folder and do new settings)

Also you need to 'activate' 3.0 shaders by changing Allow30Shaders to 1 in the oblivion.ini

This made most of my obge stuff to work but obge v3 seems to have problems with godrays or its becauce i use CrysisAO amd FXAA2. (obge site has shader codes)

Edit: yes you just type HBAO.fx but also try HBAO.fx=1 and see if your OBGE.ini (my games/oblivion) has something like this

[Effects]

bUseEffectList=1 (<-- uses list instead of plugin) You can use both but once you use ingame menu you cant select HBAO in that list)

Edited by Mahtawa

Oh great. I got it to work by disabling OBGEv2, and it worked once, it worked twice, the third time I booted up the game it stopped working. It would get to the menu, but no options to choose "continue" "new game" "load" "options" were there. The buttons weren't there. Just the map in the background was there. I tried disabling all the OBGE effects and booted up my game, and still the same problem. The OBGEv2 ini still shows up every time I boot the game up. That means the game is still wanting to use OBGEv2?

What can I do?

Nevermind, messed with the ini and fixed it. Thanks everyone.

Edited by Goliath978