Why won't oblivion remember my settings?

Goliath978

Every time I launch oblivion I have to reset some of the settings...not all...it remembers a few. The only problem is that when I try to set texture size to high it tells me I need to exit and restart the game in order for changes to take place.

Anyone know the reason for this? How can I fix it?NAND it should be mentioned that every time I close the game it says oblivion has stopped working and I have to close it by cntrl alt delete.

I can't open console be ause neither the damn console OR ring of console mod works...

Edited by Goliath978

If you are on Windows 7 or vista, move Oblivion to C:\Games\Oblivion, or the User Account Control stops it from updating the ini file and saving settings. There's a step-by-step guide to moving your installation at Bben46's Reinstall Guide.

Then install OBSE (Oblivion Script Extender) , and two mods called "Fast Exit 2" and "Windom Earle's Oblivion Crash Prevention System". Those will stop the game falling over on exit.

Now you should be able to save your graphics settings on exit, and restart with them set correctly.

If you are on Windows 7 or vista, move Oblivion to C:\Games\Oblivion, or the User Account Control stops it from updating the ini file and saving settings. There's a step-by-step guide to moving your installation at Bben46's Reinstall Guide.

Then install OBSE (Oblivion Script Extender) , and two mods called "Fast Exit 2" and "Windom Earle's Oblivion Crash Prevention System". Those will stop the game falling over on exit.

Now you should be able to save your graphics settings on exit, and restart with them set correctly.

I installed Fast Exit 2 mod which did the trick so thankyou.

Edited by Goliath978