Age maps?

Lehcar

I am trying to create replacement face texture for throttlekitty's Head06 human head mesh, but I've run into the thorny problem of the age maps, which obviously do not work on the mesh. How did Bethesda create the vanilla ones? How do I make new ones? (could technically just blank out all of the age maps, which would fix the problem, but then everyone in the game would look very young which I don't want to happen..)

I am trying to create replacement face texture for throttlekitty's Head06 human head mesh, but I've run into the thorny problem of the age maps, which obviously do not work on the mesh. How did Bethesda create the vanilla ones? How do I make new ones? (could technically just blank out all of the age maps, which would fix the problem, but then everyone in the game would look very young which I don't want to happen..)

This probably doesn't answer your question, but were I in your shoes I'd probably download one of the mods that have age maps, such as IFT Facial Textures and study how they did it. I know you can't reuse them because they are not for the 06 head, but it might give you a basis for comparison.

Hm, well I tried downloading throttlekitty's age map and NPC face replacers for the vanilla races, but they made everyone in the game look absolutely awful, all faces were so horribly discolored I just couldn't use them. :( Edited by Lehcar