Oblivion vs Fallout

lgvlgv

Dont know if there allready a threed of this anywere, but from all movies ive seen so far Todd is only waking on roads/paths in the game.

My biggest fear is that skyrim will be like fallout in that sence that u cannot walk/climb over the smallest pile of garbage or rock in the way and are forced to go down a few routes.

sorry for my English.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point.

But it seems that Skyrim doesn't have such obstacles.

Fallout had a lot of destroyed buildings and such mostly in the city, but outside in the wasteland I could easily climb rocks or piles of garbage.

I doubt that Skyrim will have such obstacles, besides mountains there's nothing that could stop you from climbing it. And tall walls.

Good point.

But it seems that Skyrim doesn't have such obstacles.

Fallout had a lot of destroyed buildings and such mostly in the city, but outside in the wasteland I could easily climb rocks or piles of garbage.

I doubt that Skyrim will have such obstacles, besides mountains there's nothing that could stop you from climbing it. And tall walls.

yes, but even out there it was smaller hills/rocks u could not climb, Oblivion in ohter hand felt mutch more realistic.

even some small fenses that would end in a rock and next to the rock was a little smaller rock (my 6 year old could have climed that with help of hes hands)

But i could not beeing a badass :)but i could go round the hole damn thing. That and that the hole game was wery mutch in the same colur maid me not to like it that mutch.

Edited by lgvlgv

Didnt Todd actually mention in one of the demo show offs, you can go anywhere?

I recall he said something about a mountain when he was looking at it, that you can get there...if you see it in the distance, you can get there, but some paths wont be easy as they made the terrain more distinct...correct me if im wrong.

I think the reason why he always gone only on some path is becouse he wanted not to show everything and maybe spoil a few things, but who knows.

Edited by pavy

I think the reason why he always gone only on some path is becouse he wanted not to show everything and maybe spoil a few things, but who knows.

That's true.

In a hands-on some journalist went just a bit away from the starting point and discovered a talking door.

i really hope this is the case, becose going every where dosent nessecary means what we like to think....

as long as the obsticles look real and not like in Fallout where u could see ur path over the rubble and KNOW that any child would be able to climb that but u could not.

That's true.

In a hands-on some journalist went just a bit away from the starting point and discovered a talking door.

Yes you are right , i remembered about the door too, i certainly wouldnt want him to spoil that for me hehe.

Also its Beth, they show what they want to show...im pretty sure we will get to see more of the open world of Skyrim, im especially interested in the terrain differences Todd mentioned.

i really hope this is the case, becose going every where dosent nessecary means what we like to think....

as long as the obsticles look real and not like in Fallout where u could see ur path over the rubble and KNOW that any child would be able to climb that but u could not.

I think Skyrim borders will have big mountains that will certainly tell you "you wont be able to climb me sir" hehe.

Edited by pavy

Even if one road goes to the top of a mountain, it could be that 60% of what u see will be unacceseble (har words for and no time to goole now :) )

this way makeing the game a lot smaller.

Edited by lgvlgv

I for change would like to see the terrain being harder to get to, what actually dissapointed me is when Todd mentioned that they still arent able to make climbing in the game...man those mountains call for it..but maybe some awesome modder will...who knows :)

Didnt Todd actually mention in one of the demo show offs, you can go anywhere?

I recall he said something about a mountain when he was looking at it, that you can get there...if you see it in the distance, you can get there, but some paths wont be easy as they made the terrain more distinct...correct me if im wrong.

this could also mean that a lot of areas is unreacheble and what is reacheble is packed with stuff?

After 300+ hours in oblivion the game still feals big to me and this is not the case with my friends Fallout game.

when Todd speaks about big it dosent really tell me how many hours he put in to it yet?