Console Commands for Skyrim

CamonnaTong

It is obvious that all of us have used the console commands or at least heard of it for new PC users. I knew of it on the 360 which is one reason I wanted to get the PC version of Oblivion. But anyways, as Oblivion was concerned there were a number of good console commands as well as confusing ones. When Fallout 3 came out it had more console commands ie player.modav carryweight xx which was not in Oblivion. So what I'm saying is this. What are ones that you want back from previous games. What are new ones that you can think of that can help (Feel free to describe it. Example player.modav Dragon souls 9 or something like that Description add Dragon Souls of course.) ones that you think will be in Skyrim that are unique to it. Ones that you hope won't be in. Will it still be player., go back to Morrowind's version Player-> or something else. Let the commenting begin.

I hope the console is more like Morrowind's this time and less like Oblivion's. You can give yourself a deadric katana just by typing:

player->additem "daedric katana" 1

In Oblivion you had to memorize a bunch of hexadecimal IDs to mess with stuff like that.

I hope the console is more like Morrowind's this time and less like Oblivion's. You can give yourself a deadric katana just by typing:

player->additem "daedric katana" 1

In Oblivion you had to memorize a bunch of hexadecimal IDs to mess with stuff like that.

Yeah I liked that system better. Okay I want a Daedra Heart. Player->additem ingred_Daedras_heart_01 10 though may look "cluttered" to many it was far better and easier to remember those than the Number ID in Oblivion. My only complaint was why is gold like this? player->additem gold_100 1000 or so the _01 _50 doesn't make sense. It just allowed more to be added when you got to higher gold numbers.

I preferred Oblivion's. I hope it stays that way. Yeah, memorizing a bunch of code isn't easy, but it looks more "modern" in my opinion.

If anything the Morrowind console is more "modern": I dunno about you, but having to directly mess with hex pointers brought back bad memories.

Definitely the no clip code, though I hope I won't need it as much in Skyrim. I can't even count how many times my character in oblivion somehow got stuck in a wall jumped into a rock or tree, seemed to be many holes in the meshes of oblivion lol