Lockpicking: Fallout 3 vs Oblivion

AxeAlot

*spend 20 minutes opening a very hard lock with a security skill of 7*

*finally open the chest to get your hard-earned reward of 2 gold, yarn, and a pewter fork*

lol! Spoken from experience for sure.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fallouts. Oblivions was easy as hell, and the fact that you could pick any lock regardless of your skill level was dumb. Hopefully you won't be able to do that in the new game.

I sincerely hope this is not the case for Skyrim,

At least the gold adds up over time. Sometimes you don't even get that! You get something like a shovel instead. Who the heck puts Fort Knox-quality locks on things to protect their shovels? Edited by Alcrin

what if locks at your lock picking level used the fallout3 style system .. then if you tried opening something beyond your level it made you use the oblivion lockpick system.. I like that idea :3 .. they could change the pin sounds and animations so old players would have to relearn the sounds and movments.too Edited by jedimembrain

what if locks at your lock picking level used the fallout3 style system .. then if you tried opening something beyond your level it made you use the oblivion lockpick system.. I like that idea :3 .. they could change the pin sounds and animations so old players would have to relearn the sounds and movments.too

Yes but what a waste. More stuff to do the same thing... Even if I hate the new system, I'd prefer only one and something else new added to the game instead lol.

I loved the Oblivion's lockpicking. I hated the Fallout's. It was too easy, and the fact that you can't attempt to open the lock if your skill is too low, well, that sucks. I wish that they make the lockpicking quite hard, but let you attempt it at any level.

In a recent Youtube interview by DTOID , we find out that the lockpicking in Skyrim will be VERY close to that of Fallout 3's lockpicking, rather than the Oblivion style. I just wanted to know what you guys thought about this and which style of lockpicking you prefer.....Fallout or Oblivion.

INTERVIEW ----->

i preffer the oblivion's way to pick a lock

I hope the locks in Skyrim won't be as developed as in Fallout, though.

Lol. Go to open a treasure chest and it's got a bank vault lock on it, and sheep shears inside lol

I hope the locks in Skyrim won't be as developed as in Fallout, though.

Lol. Go to open a treasure chest and it's got a bank vault lock on it, and sheep shears inside lol

lol, but you get my point. I don't get how they can make Fallout locks Skyrim style.