Mod Anticipation

stimike

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mod that allowes you to use tools as weapons for example a hoe or pick axe.....

I think that would be good

How I'd have loved to beat the adoring fans brains in with a shovel lol

I also want to fly around on a dragon. Maybe you could make a shout that will let you do it so it won't break immersion so much.

Clothing doesn't bother me to much as i'll probably be making my own.

assside from that I want any immersive feature missing from the game added.

How about some decent stealth options? If previous elder scrolls games are any guide then Skyrim won't have any options aside from the insta-win invisibility spell. How about some interesting ways to make yourself less detectable other than invisibility? How about sound and darkness illusion spells? You can make the lights suddenly go out and a loud noise appear on the other side of the room that all the guards suddenly go over to to investigate.

How about some decent stealth options? If previous elder scrolls games are any guide then Skyrim won't have any options aside from the insta-win invisibility spell. How about some interesting ways to make yourself less detectable other than invisibility? How about sound and darkness illusion spells? You can make the lights suddenly go out and a loud noise appear on the other side of the room that all the guards suddenly go over to to investigate.

I like it! Kinda reminds me of the Thief series...I wonder if the new engine would allow such a mod?

Yeah I like that idea, even if there was a spell to make us visible as a friendly. Kind of like disguise on assassins creed :) would be good

I can't see why that would be particularly hard to mod in. Although you might have to code it... Hell, you'd have to code it, but you'd just need to perform a quick operation every time you trapped a soul. Might be hard for individual items though... Now that I think about it, it would just be very hard :ohdear: Forget that I posted this

Well, I'm no modder, but if I were I'd try to implement it something like this:

Implement a simple map of item references to lists of strings. A soul gem's reference in the map is tied to a soul or list of souls contained within the gem. Upon enchanting, recharging, and "wasting", the strings are moved from the soulgem reference to the target item's reference, afterward purging the empty reference of the soul gem to avoid bloat. Pre-enchanted magic items found out an about simply have an empty reference to start with. Upon a mouseover or some other access of an indexed item in the inventory screen, possibly subject to user definition, a simple formatted list of strings the item reference refers to within the map is displayed.

Given this system it probably wouldn't be too hard to replace the name strings with creature references instead (using the creature's name as the string during display using normal methods of reference), so you can even easily do things like summon the ghost of someone trapped inside so you can laugh at their misfortune more directly.

I know its a bit late, but still

I found this mod from Morrowind: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=2832

It's a proof at the very least, and providing we can do what we did with modding tools from past games (and then some) this mod seems like it could be a go ahead :D (Sure, this only works for creatures, but adding NPCs as well would be a piece of cake)

Well, I'm no modder, but if I were I'd try to implement it something like this:

Implement a simple map of item references to lists of strings. A soul gem's reference in the map is tied to a soul or list of souls contained within the gem. Upon enchanting, recharging, and "wasting", the strings are moved from the soulgem reference to the target item's reference, afterward purging the empty reference of the soul gem to avoid bloat. Pre-enchanted magic items found out an about simply have an empty reference to start with. Upon a mouseover or some other access of an indexed item in the inventory screen, possibly subject to user definition, a simple formatted list of strings the item reference refers to within the map is displayed.

Given this system it probably wouldn't be too hard to replace the name strings with creature references instead (using the creature's name as the string during display using normal methods of reference), so you can even easily do things like summon the ghost of someone trapped inside so you can laugh at their misfortune more directly.

So you baisicaly want to be able to have a soul gem that is capable of resurrecting the creature trapped inside?

and when you get this soul gem, i bet your planning on naming it a Pokeball ? Right ;) ? lol

I know its a bit late, but still

I found this mod from Morrowind: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=2832

It's a proof at the very least, and providing we can do what we did with modding tools from past games (and then some) this mod seems like it could be a go ahead :D (Sure, this only works for creatures, but adding NPCs as well would be a piece of cake)

This is made a lot easier by the fact that Morrowind keeps track of what creature is inside a soul gem natively: Skyrim probably won't.

Another idea: I've been playing Fallout 3 and something really handy is that empty containers are marked "Empty" when you look at them. Problem is, it only appears if I've taken everything out: A chest I've already checked but decided not to take everything from (like, say, that Missile Launcher when I already have 5 of them in my inventory) is still indistinguishable from one that's unchecked. How about a mod that makes containers you haven't opened yet marked "New" when you look at them, and all others are displayed as normal? It'll probably require a script extender to make this work with all containers (even ones added by other mods) though.