Mod Anticipation

stimike

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm thinking of making if no one else does..

mod that creates specializations in magic, so you choose something like pyromancer or druid or illusionist and can get only spells of that sort (so not every mage is running around with his destruction spell/shield and heal spell on hotkey). Someone had a mod like it in oblivion and it worked fantastically :D It'll probably end with me making a load of new spells so each specialization is pretty in depth in and of itself (this would take some work since I've never done anything like it)

realistic fatigue-sleep-eating mod, since skyrim cycled out any at all need for sleep/food, if i get fancy ill make how much sleep you need and how tired you are at the moment be a function how much fatigue you used and time since you last slept (probly will just be an easy intro mod to get used to the new scripting)

switch up alchemy to 'poisons and traps'. Make some of the premade traps into inventory items and hopefully work out a way to deploy them easily. Then ill give alchemy back to mages and probably acrobatics back to thieves and another tree to fighters.

body shot allocator- keeps track of dmg to limbs, there will be a couple levels of broken/mangled a limb can go threw taking a stacking debuff to actions with it each time. Lower blunt weapon damage but give them a chance at bruising/breaking bones, they'll apply small->massive debuffs to actions with that part of your body. Swords/axes would be do less limb dmg but apply bleeds with the stronger hits. If someone mods in spears I'll probably borrow a few and then make piercing weapons have a fairly greater crit chance, and do decent limb dmg. I'll add in cheap ointments to most vendors that give a very small heal (hopefully a % of your overall health) over about 15-60 minutes of time for anyone that isn't a mage with a healing spell.

that should take me a few months at the very least to work threw :)

Edited by blackhalo321

You're starting to repeat yourself Daventry, dear...

Anyway, roll on Midas Magic and new world spaces and lands!

I think it'll be really interesting to see what's happened to Midas in the 200 years that have past. Some interesting potential there! Other than that, I'm a sucker for big quest lines and companions with dialog and stories. I always kick myself for not playing a modded Oblivion quite enough.

I've recently been looking at the better body models for men and women. I'm not a fan of nudity, because I play on a family computer in my dining room :P But, should Skyrim need it (which I honestly doubt), then I would definitely consider it. Other than this, the more lore-friendly clothing there is the better! Oh, and we all need a good texture pack every now and again..!

This is just the begining of what I can't wait to see, the list just goes on, and on, and on...

Edited by MoonlightWyvern

Wasn't Skyrim's game mechanics just made from mods like Deadly Reflex? I'm pretty sure most of the big game mod changes will be in there.

It's been mentioned already but I would like to see Armor customization ... stores that sells or skills that let you dye robes and leathers in patterns AND enamel metal armors with new colors, design or patterns. .

Also, a Monk mod that lets hand to hand and touch magic be useful and fun... Oblivion's H2H always turned simple enemies into epic battles that took WAAAAY too long, don't believe me try boxing a troll. By touch magic I mean having your fist on contact impart some magical damage. Always wanted to play a monk class but they were so gimped..

Wasn't Skyrim's game mechanics just made from mods like Deadly Reflex? I'm pretty sure most of the big game mod changes will be in there.

^^ This... I'd rather just play the game to start with and run with it for a while before I start worrying about improving it. It's kinda like discussing what improvements you want to the house you are going to buy before you even do a walkthrough.

Cart --- Horse...

^^ This... I'd rather just play the game to start with and run with it for a while before I start worrying about improving it. It's kinda like discussing what improvements you want to the house you are going to buy before you even do a walkthrough.

Cart --- Horse...

Mostly true, but I wish there was someone working on higher definition textures with better bump mapping and more for the pc version. Right out of the gate would be nice.