Mod Anticipation

stimike

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're witnessing the end of the interesting, deep RPG with this release. Hopefully, the mod community can fix it. God I hate consoles.

Consoles might be hurting the level of depth but they are in no way hurting RPG making. If anything you should be thankful. A lot of the games you've enjoyed might not have existed without a console release as well as PC.

That's the problem. There's never been an rpg primarily released on the consoles with the PC as an afterthought that I've enjoyed.

I DO agree that I need to get over it because for the foreseeable future this is just the way it is. So, I guess, take the whining out of my post and those are some mods I'd love to see.

Here's my list:

1. A mod to get rid of the scaling enemies.

2. A mod to get rid of the suicidal wildlife (seriously, you'd think they'd learn on this one)

3. A mod to put BACK in the stats. I don't care if other people think this is a great change, I want them back in a meaningful way. I'm not sure if this will be possible, but I'm guessing there's something that can be done.

4. A UI fix for people that play on PC. Bethesda is now the worst PC UI developer on earth.

5. Put spell making back in

6. Put enchanting back in

7. Put alchemy back in (assuming their removing it).

8. A mod that puts levitation back in where it belongs.

And add in anything else they are cutting out because people are confused by anything less simple than string.

I won't lie, Skyrim makes me want to rip out all my hair. We're witnessing the end of the interesting, deep RPG with this release. Hopefully, the mod community can fix it. God I hate consoles.

You have an awful lot of complaints for a game that's not out yet, and one you seem to be misinformed about, as well. Alchemy and Enchanting are back in, and basically every other mod you listed is just a way to turn it back into Morrowind. Change is good; don't be scared! :biggrin:

Failing that, at least give it a chance before you decide that you hate the changes. I'm sure a whole line of "good ol' days" mods will come out anyway, so you're safe!

Here's my list:

1. A mod to get rid of the scaling enemies.

2. A mod to get rid of the suicidal wildlife (seriously, you'd think they'd learn on this one)

3. A mod to put BACK in the stats. I don't care if other people think this is a great change, I want them back in a meaningful way. I'm not sure if this will be possible, but I'm guessing there's something that can be done.

4. A UI fix for people that play on PC. Bethesda is now the worst PC UI developer on earth.

5. Put spell making back in

6. Put enchanting back in

7. Put alchemy back in (assuming their removing it).

8. A mod that puts levitation back in where it belongs.

And add in anything else they are cutting out because people are confused by anything less simple than string.

I won't lie, Skyrim makes me want to rip out all my hair. We're witnessing the end of the interesting, deep RPG with this release. Hopefully, the mod community can fix it. God I hate consoles.

Wow.. um.. relax? .. I think Lowk is right with this one .. You seem to be very missinformed with 1,2,3,6,7 .. 8 is really tricky for level designers .. 5 we don't know much about at all yet .. 4 is pure opinion but most people agree with you.. Seriously don't come off so harsh when you clearly havn't looked into the game enough. I really like most things they are doing with this chapter of TES

Now now. It's just healthy venting. He might seem a little overly focused on the negative but he's not raging or being over the top.

True .. I'm sowwie T__T I really love and want this game though .. Skyrim feels like my child at moments~

Attack direction is already in the game.

So you can choose where you want to swing your sword.

It might be harder to crate something like Deadly Reflex since the combat system was overhauled, and it already is much like deadly reflex.

If people make Deadly Reflex, it will look a lot better. Not that I will use it though.

What I wish for is, actually, the game to be good enough so I don't have to mod it like Oblivion. I can't blame anyone though, Oblivion was there as an experiment, rather than a game. I'm going to play through Skyrim without any mods.

Edited by Omeletter

i think there willl be all the mods that are in oblivion....nudity ....armors....quests swords and evry thing that is being made... :rolleyes: