The Curse of the Pint-sized Slasher

Juankis

How about this for a quest mod.

If the player picks up the Pint-sized Slasher's mask at the motel in Point Lookout, a message appears announcing that he hears a gurgling laughter in the distance , (maybe with sound effect too). Oh horrors of horrors, the Pint-sized Slasher is back from beyond his unmarked grave in the depths of the swamp.

The Slasher, preferably using the body of a ghoul child, with his trademark mask and knife begins hunting the character, if the character manages to defeat the deranged killer, a message announces that this might not be enough to stop it.

Once the Lone Wanderer returns to the Capital Wasteland, the hunt begins a new. The Slasher would now be essential but if rendered unconscious, it will take hours for him to get backup, plus you wouldn't be able to loot his mask and knife. The slasher will not go into inhabited areas, awaiting for the player to be out in the wastes before attacking.

To escape the curse the player will have to research into the history of the Pint-Sized slasher. The game already mentions in a terminal in The Capitol Post building, that the Germantown Police is investigating the case, adding a terminal in the basement of the Germatown Police Station with some insights as to the motivation of the killer. Maybe add more clues to follow here but I'm not really sure.

The final confrontation would take place at a newly created crypt underneath the Hallowed Moors Cemetery, if defeated (maybe with a specialized weapon or something), the killer will finally stay dead and his gear will be lootable. A foreboding message claiming the Slasher will return yet again appears in classic slasher movie style.

If at any point the player sells the mask to a vendor, the NPC will appear dead sometime later, the mask will be gone from his inventory, and the quest will be failed.

well that's a very long explanation, as the G.E.C.K is still way over my head I would love for someone to try and do this quest, and hopefully up the scary factor a bit more.

That is an awesome idea! I would definitely try my hand at making it, but I am tied up with other projects at the moment. Someone else should definitely make this and really make it scary. The quest shouldn't be failed if you sell the mask though, but the NPC should be killed. You could get some good revenge there. Anyway, if this is made the Slasher must have a badass knife and be boss level powerful in the final encounter. He can be weaker the other times. Once again, nice idea!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...