Have a video play at start

CommodoreBlitz

hmm,

I was wondering is there a way that you can have a video play instead of the opening slides? say as an intro to a mod, then after the video is played they then get the main menu so they can load a save.

In this way I would not need a trigger (activated) within the game and I would not need to find a way to get the play to a certain spot in the game would to have it triggered.

I am not sure you can. The game start runs a slide show, and that is hard coded. The vanilla game never runs any Bink video until you start a new game or DLC, so what you are trying to do is most likely futile. Furthermore, I read your original post like 12 times and am still confused by trigger something something, but you can't affect anything in the actual game before you actually get in it (e.g. load a save or start a new game). What are you trying to trigger or not trigger? Your post is very confusing.

Seams simple to me, I just said I'd rather have a video play right from the start of the game, instead of having to get the player to get to a spot (activator) to play the video, as there is always a chance the player might go to a different location then I want him to go to. Basically I want when my Mod is loaded into game to play an intro video so the player know the story/point of the mod.

There's a good reason why BethSoft does not do this and plays their movies when you are about to enter a DLC. The problem with forcing anyone who installs your mod to watch a video as soon as a save is loaded is that often saves will be in places where there are hostile enemies. Taking control away from the player to play a video does not stop the rest of the game (I believe) and the Courier could die, creating a horrible death loop until your mod is uninstalled. Making sure a Courier in in a safe place before you force them into a video is the only way to ensure nobody gets in a pickle. Edited by Sunnie

In fact there's no video. The player is just moved to a cell where a slideshow is playing, and the narrator is a talking NPC nearby the player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJnWwli3Thg

Edited by sagittarius22

well, that's why I said I wanted to play it before a save was loaded sorta like a game intro then the player is dropped back to the main menu that way there is no way for any "death" to happen as the player is not really in the game yet.

If this can't be done (tho to me it sounds like it should be a simple thing (I mean I've done it in a simple way with GTA San A. by just renaming a video and putting my video in place of the intro video for that game and my video played instead of the original) If even this can't be done then perhaps I could have it play as soon as the player left the Doctors house at the start of the game, tho the problem with this is that some parts of my mod are well a starting player (lvl 1-6 I think) could not make in in some areas I have set up.

You all seem very knowledgeable well I have you here any chance you might have a answer to my other question over here (so far no replies)Link